[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - s/c irridium plug help
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

s/c irridium plug help

s/c irridium plug help

Postby satchmo » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:00 am

need help fellow s/c solara drivers. I am getting my s/c installed tomorrow and I cannot find irridium plugs anywhere, even at the dealer. The dealership told me for my '00 SLE they are now using double platinum. Dealer said I would be hard pressed to find them at all. I went to pep boys, autozone, and napa and no dice.

I want to do this right, so do I track down some irridium's and if so any suggestions as to where to get them. OR do I go with the dbl platinum?
satchmo
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Hsakuragi » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:03 am

ur car will run fine with the OEM plugs
The ONE & ONLY Fully Loaded 2006 X Avalon Limited with Body Kit in CA = Special Limited Edition + First 2GR-FE rebored the throttle body (i think...)

Hsakuragi
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby SC V6 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:18 am

I wouldn't run OEM plugs.. they run too hot.. u need to get some plugs that run cooler... thats just my personal opinion.. they are Denso Iridium IK22s... I find a lot on the internet
Parting out my car!!! great upgrades for sale!
http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=34449

Denso IK22's (6), SWAP PARTS! and more!!!
SC V6
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby Hsakuragi » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:01 am

autozone should have it, i brought some from there before, call them up and see if they have them in stock

I brought it to dealer to install, they said it won't fit my 03...
The ONE & ONLY Fully Loaded 2006 X Avalon Limited with Body Kit in CA = Special Limited Edition + First 2GR-FE rebored the throttle body (i think...)

Hsakuragi
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby SC V6 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:04 am

dealership workers = stupid

half of them don't know anything outside the box... just what they are told to do. They don't check compatiability w\ anything.. its just a set way... if it doesn't match what they are told to do... then it automatically won't work, fit, run, etc etc... they try stress that its either their way or its wrong and not acceptable
Parting out my car!!! great upgrades for sale!
http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=34449

Denso IK22's (6), SWAP PARTS! and more!!!
SC V6

Postby satchmo » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:09 am

If I find the irrd plugs, but they are listed for '02 or '03, will they work for my '00?
satchmo
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby satchmo » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:15 am

The search is over. I should have gone to Autozone in the first place. Hard to believe that no one in my town did not carry NGK or Denso, except the trusty 'Zone.

Thanks fellow s/c drivers for the help. I cannot wait to join you in your driving experience. BTW it got a brand new Kazuma S/C for $1600 including install. It was an old model sitting in the dealership for 2+ years. After reading all the posts I could not resist.
satchmo
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Hsakuragi » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:53 am

i thought u stated u went to Autozone?

Since ur car is 00, IK22 should fit with no problem. have fun

Hsakuragi
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Re: s/c irridium plug help

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:35 am

satchmo wrote: I went to pep boys, autozone, and napa and no dice.

he did say he went. For me 'the zone is always the source for the right parts. Just bought denso platinum's for my N/A 1mz.
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby Astro » Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:08 am

SC V6 wrote:I wouldn't run OEM plugs.. they run too hot.. u need to get some plugs that run cooler... thats just my personal opinion.. they are Denso Iridium IK22s... I find a lot on the internet

Just to let you know, I've had mine over a year, with no problems.
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro

Postby supamouse09 » Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:37 pm

hey how hard are they in install?
01 Toyota Solara SLE V6 Manual Swap
supamouse09
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Forced Induction