[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Lack of power after cold start up
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Lack of power after cold start up

Lack of power after cold start up

Postby Fletch » Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:30 pm

It almost felt like when the car goes into limp mode from a knock sensor code but the CEL never came on. It had that hesitating feeling. After the car warmed up, it was fine (didn't take an ignition cycle).

I just had a new clutch, flywheel and Jim's fuel upgrade installed last week.

Has anybody heard of this, felt anything like it?
2006 Legacy GT spec.B

(Totaled) '99 SE V6, TRD S/C, 5.5 psi Pulley, Jim's Fuel Upgrade, TRD Shortshifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Lightweight Flywheel, Tokico / Eibach, TRD RSB, 2.5" Custom Y-Pipe, Greddy Cat-Back
Fletch
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Mole » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:29 pm

you drove the car with out warming up ?
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby geminimouse » Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:14 pm

..that's what happens when the car isn't warmed up :roll:
08 Accord Coupe
99 Solara Sold on 7/7/07
geminimouse
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Fletch » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:24 am

coolant temp was still at the cold line. Hasn't happened since. Thought it might have been a fuel delievery prob, but nothing to base it on.
2006 Legacy GT spec.B

(Totaled) '99 SE V6, TRD S/C, 5.5 psi Pulley, Jim's Fuel Upgrade, TRD Shortshifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Lightweight Flywheel, Tokico / Eibach, TRD RSB, 2.5" Custom Y-Pipe, Greddy Cat-Back
Fletch
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Yanks0114 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:52 pm

You should always let your car warm up. In order to warm up quicker and thus reduce emissions your car will hold a gear longer at higher RPMS, but it will not exceed like 4k RPMs or so.

It makes sense that you shouldn't be able to romp on a cold engine. BTW its terrible for the car if you do that
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Fletch » Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:42 am

Yeah, I never/rarely take it above 3k before it's up to temp. The isolated incident a few days ago was totally different. I'll keep fingers crossed.
2006 Legacy GT spec.B

Fletch
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

P0120 TPS Malf

Postby Fletch » Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:15 pm

Still happens every once in a while.

Finally got a P0120 TPS Malf code going to Detriot this weekend. I stopped at a rest stop to see if it would go to history after an ignition cycle. It was still current and after start up the car stalled from idle. It eventually went to history after a couple days, but came back after I got on it pretty hard again, and again stalled several times from idle. I haven't heard of throttle position sensors going bad on the 1mz.

Doing a compression check this Thursday.

Has anybody heard of TPS going bad?
2006 Legacy GT spec.B

Fletch
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Forced Induction