[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Which brand of knock sensor ?
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Which brand of knock sensor ?

Which brand of knock sensor ?

Postby wiz2 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:34 pm

Okay. To all those that have changed their knock sensors. Which brand did you have to use Denso or Matsushita? I’m curious. I have to find out which one it is once I dig in anyway.

I have to change my Bank 2 sensor. It’s a shame the ECU can’t tell you what tripped the code.

So it appears I have to take of the SC and the intake manifold, find out what brand it is, put it all back together, then order the correct brand. Then repeat once it comes in.

A pain in the butt to say the least.

If anybody has any shortcut PLEASE let me know. I’ve got some vacation days to burn so I’m starting on this Friday. I have to get the codes to clear prior to my state inspection, plus I really miss my super powers.

Thanks.
06 DG G35 Sedan 6 MT
motordybe spacer|stillen tube|MRR GT 1 19x8.5,19x9.5 Toyo T1R's
wiz2
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Hsakuragi » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:43 pm

denso is the OEM knock sensor (at least my is)

just curious, what mods u have?
The ONE & ONLY Fully Loaded 2006 X Avalon Limited with Body Kit in CA = Special Limited Edition + First 2GR-FE rebored the throttle body (i think...)

Hsakuragi
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby wiz2 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:51 pm

SC,5.5 pulley,Foreign Affairs fuel delivery upgrade,RMM intake,IK22 plugs,TRD exhaust
06 DG G35 Sedan 6 MT
wiz2
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby swimshady906 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:51 pm

Hey wiz you can change that sensor from underneath in about 20 min with just a crescent wrench. I just had to change it out.... i used the stock denso.
02' S2000 Silverstone
00' SE V6 Silverstream - sold :(

We race because Basketball, Baseball, Football and Soccer only require one ball.
swimshady906
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby wiz2 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:40 am

swimshady906 wrote:Hey wiz you can change that sensor from underneath in about 20 min with just a crescent wrench. I just had to change it out.... i used the stock denso.

Get out of here !!
What size nut is it ?
I bet this is why I'm getting such huge variances in quotes form dealers.
Please share all the details !!
06 DG G35 Sedan 6 MT
wiz2
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Alex(AUS) » Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:29 am

swimshady906 wrote:Hey wiz you can change that sensor from underneath in about 20 min with just a crescent wrench. I just had to change it out.... i used the stock denso.

LOL!!! No you can't! Trust me I have done it ... you are talking about something else ...

Alex(AUS)
Alex(AUS)
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby wiz2 » Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:10 am

Alex(AUS) wrote:LOL!!! No you can't! Trust me I have done it ... you are talking about something else ...

Alex(AUS)

Yeah. I'm looking at it now, and unless you have special powers and can morph into liquid its not gonna happen.
06 DG G35 Sedan 6 MT
wiz2
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Quickest Way

Postby JMSinMaryland » Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:22 pm

The way I have changed it out 2x is to go to the dealer and have them replace it under the 8yr/80k Emissions warranty. Jon.
17" Toyota Highlander Limited wheels for sale
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/g ... ed-wheels/
JMSinMaryland
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby swimshady906 » Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:38 pm

My bad, o2 sensor, not the knock sensor. Oops :drinking:
02' S2000 Silverstone
00' SE V6 Silverstream - sold :(

We race because Basketball, Baseball, Football and Soccer only require one ball.
swimshady906
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Forced Induction