[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - DEI CRYo2 intake and fuel upgrade installed on 1mz! pics..
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

DEI CRYo2 intake and fuel upgrade installed on 1mz! pics..

DEI CRYo2 intake and fuel upgrade installed on 1mz! pics..

Postby trd4life » Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:08 pm

Well after the numerous discussions about how the trd supercharger cannot be easily intercooled and so on, i figured if we cant cool the charge after it escaped the charger why not cool the intake charge before it goes into the supercharger, obviously not as beneficial but still a great upgrade. I ordered DEI's new Cryo2 intake and fuel bar accessories. And decided to not buy their base install kit and build my own kit from scratch. Well everything worked out sweet, i found the various pieces required from Ebay and local speed shops. It was kind of a bitch getting the fuel bar to not leak at first, turns out i needed these certain earls fittings that come with a rubber o ring. Seat of the pants tells me power is greatly increased, it almost feels like it is on the bottle when you hit the switch. For those of you that dont know about the DEI cryo2 kit, basically your cooling your intake and fuel charge using carbon dioxide. When i hit the button at 45mph in 2nd gear, it instantly lights up the tires with massive torque steer.

The finished product came out so good, i am seriously thinking about putting together complete camry/ solara kits and selling them on the forums.

Judging from my 107+ trap speeds on the stock motor/headers before the co2, the car fells like maybe 110mph trap speeds now with this setup :o . Cant wait to hit the dyno and see how much power gained.

enjoy the pics, if you guys have any questions about the setup or cost feel free to ask!
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/250047/6

peace, trd4life
trd4life
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Mole » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:51 pm

cool.

how about showing a pic of the tank where the gas is stored?
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby JoeB » Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:42 am

Gabe, that sounds great! Your car's performance has always amazed me. I can't wait to hear the new trap speed. -JoeB
Please stop by and rate my ride.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jbailer
JoeB
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Alex(AUS) » Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:01 am

Gabe ... that sounds great. I think the biggest problem with the supercharger is the heat it generates ... so cooling the intake will definately help.

Well here goes ...

Which parts does the kit require? How much does it cost?

It will be interesting to compare whether the fuel bar makes a difference or if it is all intake temp ...

It also will be great to see with/without dyno comparisons.

Thanks,

Alex
Alex(AUS)
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby wiz2 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:25 am

That kicks BUTT. I cant wait to see the 1/4 times and traps.
The ultimate CAI !
Can you think of any problems that could occur from getting the fuel and intake temps too cold ??
06 DG G35 Sedan 6 MT
motordybe spacer|stillen tube|MRR GT 1 19x8.5,19x9.5 Toyo T1R's
wiz2
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Astro » Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:13 am

Sweet :P I'd be very interested in picking up a kit, if you decide to do it. Great job!
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Return to Forced Induction