[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Looking for a bolt for the supercharger...
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Looking for a bolt for the supercharger...

Looking for a bolt for the supercharger...

Postby wiz2 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:42 am

Does anyone know where I can get another supercharger bolt that connects the mounting plate and goes through the alternator ??
It's counter sunk 10mm x 1.25 x 100mm with a fitting for a 6mm hex wrench.
06 DG G35 Sedan 6 MT
motordybe spacer|stillen tube|MRR GT 1 19x8.5,19x9.5 Toyo T1R's
wiz2
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Akfahad » Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:20 am

yeah man, i had the same problem...the guy i bought my supercharger from accidentally forgot to send me the bolt, so i was frantically trying to find a replacement. Fortunately, however, he found it and shipped it to me. What i did, before i got the bolt, i found a specialty nuts and bolts store and they were in the process of ordering it. see if you can find one of those places, if not, try contacting TRD. Best i can do for you. By the way, the shop i used was "Fasnal." Don't know if it's just a local shop tho. josh
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:14 pm

Go to your local dealership, and look at the pictures to determine which bolt it exactly is and get a toyota part number. Then hit up eddie!
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby wiz2 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:36 pm

Thanks Akfahad. I contacted a local Fastenal distributor. They have more bolts and stuff than I imagined. I'm going by one of thier stores this weekend to make sure its the right one,then I'll order it and have it in a day or two. They have already given me a part # .

If this works out i'll pass the info on.

Everybody knows the Toyota and TRD dont actually make bolts and nuts...right.

I also checked ARP.,but I think Fastenal has whats needed.
06 DG G35 Sedan 6 MT
motordybe spacer|stillen tube|MRR GT 1 19x8.5,19x9.5 Toyo T1R's
wiz2
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Akfahad » Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:47 pm

glad i could help
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Re: Looking for a bolt for the supercharger...

Postby Gadget » Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:16 am

wiz2 wrote:Does anyone know where I can get another supercharger bolt that connects the mounting plate and goes through the alternator ??

Every single part that comes in any of TRDs supercharger kits has an individual part number. If you look at the installation guide that came with your supercharger you should be able to find the part number any part you need. Then you can order that part from your local Toyota dealer and wait a couple of weeks for it.

For those few part that you might need that are not properly listed with a part number you can call TRD and they should be able to look it up for you and then you can order it from your local dealer.

Gadget
Gadget
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Looking for a bolt for the supercharger...

Postby Vampire » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:43 am

Mine was seized because I forgot to put anti-seize compound on there when I did my first SC install. TRD or you Toyota dealer has the part as Gadget said just make sure you have the part number if you go to the dealer. My invoice listed the cost as $1.75 which was amazingly cheap considering it came from TRD but this was 3 years ago. I'm sure they raised the price but they do have the part. Good luck.

wiz2 wrote:Does anyone know where I can get another supercharger bolt that connects the mounting plate and goes through the alternator ??
Paul

02 Solara SE V6 5spd SC
00 Camry LE V6 Auto SC
Vampire
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Forced Induction