[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - in need of s/c info
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

in need of s/c info

in need of s/c info

Postby 209solara » Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:37 am

so im finally getting the "best bolt on perfomance mod" for our platform. I'm getting a manual s/c and I have auto so I need the egr tube, if anyone has one please let me know. I'm am also getting the 5.5lb pulley so I need to know how long should I let the s/c "break in" before installing the new pulley? I am assuming that the denso ik22 plugs are the best way to go, correct me if I am wrong. Do I need to, or should I get new wires as well? If so which are preffered. I am also to undertand that the safc II is a must. How hard is it to install and more importantly, to tune? My car also has about 75k on it so should I just have the timing belt changed at time of install, or will i not save any money doing this? Please all advice is welcomed.

Thanks, Mike
209solara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Yanks0114 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:19 pm

Here is what I would do:

Get the IK22 plugs
new wires (magnecor KV-85s)
Change timing belt
Change water pump
Install SC

After you are sure that there are no problems with the SC, install the pulley and then the SAFC2

You'll need to get your car to a dyno to have it tuned
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby 209solara » Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:11 am

where is the best place to get the magnecor wires? Am I looking for kv-85cn25 or another model?
209solara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Fenix » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:04 am

209solara wrote:where is the best place to get the magnecor wires? Am I looking for kv-85cn25 or another model?

Dont know if you already got it or not.
However, it's http://www.ultrarev.com/ecart/shopexd.asp?id=3156 where i bought mine yesterday.
$115 shipped.
R.I.P baby.
Here come the black on black 5spds. New era....
Fenix
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby SC V6 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:26 am

I've got an egr tubes for you..ill pm you
Parting out my car!!! great upgrades for sale!
http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=34449

Denso IK22's (6), SWAP PARTS! and more!!!
SC V6
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Return to Forced Induction