[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - spark plugs on s/c
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

spark plugs on s/c

spark plugs on s/c

Postby 209solara » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:57 am

i know the ik22 densos are what everyone is using but will the ik20's be ok. if so how long. no stores around here have em, and im having the s/c installed right now. wanted to get the plugs in at the same time to save the labor cost, but there are none so how long can i go with the ik20's?
209solara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SC V6 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:05 pm

you need a colder plug.. someone correct me if Im wrong.. but I think if u run a hoter plug like that you risk detanation, and also the plug failing faster.. anyone have any insite w\ this
Parting out my car!!! great upgrades for sale!
http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=34449

Denso IK22's (6), SWAP PARTS! and more!!!
SC V6
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby Fletch » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:20 pm

I have been running the OE plug for about 20k miles on the S/C. I pulled the front 3 recently for the compression test and obviously they were not new looking but were not fouled either. I brushed some of the carbon off with a wire brush.

If you can't find the ik22's in time, at least put a new plug in.
2006 Legacy GT spec.B

(Totaled) '99 SE V6, TRD S/C, 5.5 psi Pulley, Jim's Fuel Upgrade, TRD Shortshifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Lightweight Flywheel, Tokico / Eibach, TRD RSB, 2.5" Custom Y-Pipe, Greddy Cat-Back
Fletch
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 209solara » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:23 pm

thats the thing, its being installed right now, but your saying the ik20's wont take away power, just wear quicker?
209solara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SC V6 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:46 pm

the ik22 would run better, but teh OEM is manageable... best bet is to just go to google and search iridium IK22 and some site will have what you want
Parting out my car!!! great upgrades for sale!
http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=34449

Denso IK22's (6), SWAP PARTS! and more!!!
SC V6

Postby JoeB » Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:58 pm

If you have to leave the stock IK20s in there, you'll probably want to close the gap up on them a little. If I'm not mistaken, the stock gap is like .041". Try closing it to around .035". That should help a little. A better recommendation is to get an NGK iridium plug. -JoeB
Please stop by and rate my ride.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jbailer
JoeB
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Forced Induction