[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 2az-fe turbo kits
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

2az-fe turbo kits

2az-fe turbo kits

Postby xavier » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:57 am

Been looking on scionlife at the kits for the tc (2az-fe) and they look promising.. Anyone else look at these possibilities? I dont see why they wouldnt work with the 2az in the solara. Maybe management would be diff but i dunno. I guess Ill have to call to make sure tho Id like to put one in my 2az solara

http://www.scionspeed.com/ heres one in different trims

What do ya think??
xavier
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby xavier » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:48 am

Im looking into the scionspeed tc stage 2 kit. They just put down 353 whp and 348 wtq at 14 psi with stock internals......im fine with that or even slightly less depending on the power thresh hold of the 2az
xavier
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby swimshady906 » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:46 pm

Why did they only run a 13sec quarter then?
02' S2000 Silverstone
00' SE V6 Silverstream - sold :(

We race because Basketball, Baseball, Football and Soccer only require one ball.
swimshady906
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:04 pm

swimshady906 wrote:Why did they only run a 13sec quarter then?

ridiculously slow reaction time? lol
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby 209solara » Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:08 pm

Don't we also need to consider that a few of the guys on here ran crazy numbers for both hp and torque, as well as boostin double digit psi. All is well but it will eventually blow a motor. If scion speed think just because all the sudden, say at 16 psi it blows that 15 psi is the threshhold, they are wrong. Each setup needs to be tested for a while before any outrageous claims are made 8)
209solara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby xavier » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:02 am

^ right. Each motor has a different threshhold. What I am curious of is when will they blow their motor? I will likely not go above 9-10 psi without block and head work but I am just curious....When they do blow the motor...they have a built one ready to go in so Im sure they are antsy to melt some pistons and such
xavier
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby TRDmonkey » Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:09 pm

actually it ran 12.52 with stock internals =D
99 SLE V6 Solara
92 SC300 5 Speed Turbo
90 300ZX Twin Turbo (Sold)
87 N/A MKIII (Sold)
TRDmonkey
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member