[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Anyone know what turbo this is?
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Anyone know what turbo this is?

Postby SolaraTypeR » Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:01 pm

i donno.. it looks kinda dangerous.. tat's almost like a CAI then rite? seeing tat the filter is under the ar.. if i drive around ny area where i hit a puddle.. i think tat'd be bad..

i kno.. people have CAI in ny also.. but my friend blew his engine cuz he drove over a puddle~ :-?
SolaraTypeR
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby swimshady906 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:52 pm

SeanJohn0716 wrote:Nope. They can go wherever you want them to be

You want the bov to be close to the plenum so it can prevent pressure thats already in the charge pipe from slamming into your tb and motor.
02' S2000 Silverstone
00' SE V6 Silverstream - sold :(

We race because Basketball, Baseball, Football and Soccer only require one ball.
swimshady906
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SeanJohn0716 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:57 pm

SolaraTypeR wrote:i donno.. it looks kinda dangerous.. tat's almost like a CAI then rite? seeing tat the filter is under the ar.. if i drive around ny area where i hit a puddle.. i think tat'd be bad..

i kno.. people have CAI in ny also.. but my friend blew his engine cuz he drove over a puddle~ :-?

That must have been a big ass puddle, or a low ass car. You have to nearly submerge the filter to get hydrolock. I have a solution for that though. I'm thinking of routing the air filter behind the rear bumper. I can confidently say that I'll never submerge my rear bumper under water

swimshady906 wrote:You want the bov to be close to the plenum so it can prevent pressure thats already in the charge pipe from slamming into your tb and motor.

Ah, i see. I never knew it mattered where it was placed
SeanJohn0716
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Mole » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:52 pm

enough arguing. enough talking.

SeanJohn0716, get this product and tell us the outcome.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby SeanJohn0716 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:21 pm

you got it
SeanJohn0716
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Mandarinsolara » Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:11 pm

ive seen this on horsepoewr tv on a camero.
at first, i thought it was the most retarded thing ever, but if it is cheap i wouldn't mind it actually
next i would route a nice big roof scoop intake plenum, and route it to the filter. and actually it would be kinda tite to line up a couple turbos under the back there. maybe even route the boost pipe outside of the car along the roofline and put a few intercoolers on the way.
next i would remove a tailight to get the best flow to the filter.
Mandarinsolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Previous

Return to Forced Induction