[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - High Mileage with SC... Good or bad?
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

High Mileage with SC... Good or bad?

High Mileage with SC... Good or bad?

Postby xsolara33x » Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:19 pm

Hey guys,
I'v got a lot of miles on my engine and was wondering if it's good or bad to add on a SC... I am thinking about saving money to get a SC... any thoughts???
thanks,
raphael

ps... approximately 177,000 miles, hehe...
xsolara33x
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Parke10 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:54 pm

this doesnt answer yer question but does it still run strong cuz my g-ma just turned 62,000 ok hers and when i get it ill prob have 75-80k on it
Parke10
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Akfahad » Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:03 pm

i put mine on at about 77,000 and i have about 81,000 on it now. although i can't personally say how your car is gonna be especially with such high mileage, but so far, my car's been great.
i think there's a couple of guys on here that are a little over 100,000, wish i knew who they were, maybe they'll chim in...
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby 209solara » Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:37 pm

rapheal, i just got mine s/c'd with 75k on it. seems fine.
209solara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby thakidd » Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:04 pm

trd4life ran a 13.5 1/4 mile time in his at 110,xxx miles...i have about 72,xxx miles on my car im running strong...
"Happieness Is Being Blown"
14.3@96 60ft 2.173
http://media.putfile.com/sc-camry
thakidd
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Fletch » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:14 am

I went supercharged around 100k miles. No engine or reliability problems at 120k now.

My advice would be a compression check on at least the front cylinders (rear if accessible) before purchasing a S/C. Acceptable range is 160 - 200 psi give or take.

If you are in the ok range, which you probably will be, get all the maintenance out of the way that needs done before S/C installation. Like ik22 plugs, timing belt/water pump (if necessary). Think about Jim's fuel upgrade and there may be a fuel pressure regulator mod (sits behind the S/C intake runners). Not sure if that is a fuel delivery bottleneck or not. I know the fuel pressure can be bumped up to 59 psi at the sending unit in the tank.

Emissions may be issue depending on your state/county. Be prepared to run and pay for 93/91 octane gas.
2006 Legacy GT spec.B

(Totaled) '99 SE V6, TRD S/C, 5.5 psi Pulley, Jim's Fuel Upgrade, TRD Shortshifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Lightweight Flywheel, Tokico / Eibach, TRD RSB, 2.5" Custom Y-Pipe, Greddy Cat-Back
Fletch
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Forced Induction