[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Supercharger psi
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Supercharger psi

Supercharger psi

Postby Dawgz » Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:47 pm

Wats a safe boost for a stock engine...? i know the trd supercharger comes with a stock 4psi boost, but if u upgrade the pulley...wats a safe psi before u need engine work done? maybe 5psi? 6?
--=Black on Black=-- (Sold)
Dawgz
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby Hsakuragi » Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:01 pm

5.5 with safc
The ONE & ONLY Fully Loaded 2006 X Avalon Limited with Body Kit in CA = Special Limited Edition + First 2GR-FE rebored the throttle body (i think...)

Hsakuragi
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Max boost

Postby PDX SuperSolara » Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:11 pm

With proper fuel delivery, most people have reported no problems with no more than 6 psi. If you want an extra bit of safety, 5.5 works very well.
Jim @ Foreign Affairs
2315 SE 11th Avenue
Portland, Oregon 97214
503-236-2871
PDX SuperSolara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Mole » Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:55 pm

Elevation where you live also depends.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby TRD_solaRa » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:52 pm

Mole wrote:Elevation where you live also depends.

you think it's more "dangerous" for the engine to have a higher psi pulley for areas like in Hawaii (sea level) as supposed to . . . Colorado (higher eleveation)? I know that cars will run slower due to the humidity, but would that humidity be MORE detrimental to the 1MZ-FE engine? I'm talking without the fuel upgrades (ie. Jim's fuel lines, SAFC II, etc.)
TRD_solaRa
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby JoeB » Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:45 am

Humidity only effects speed because of the O2 density in the intake air. It isn't worse for your engine. Your ECU will adjust for air density due to humidity changes all by itself. Altitude is another story. Cylinder pressure is added to atmospheric pressure (which changes with your altitude). Anyway, at sea level the atmospheric pressure is 14.7psi added to the cylinder pressure which makes it higher compared to at a higher altitude place where the pressure is lower. Altitude makes a big difference. -JoeB
Please stop by and rate my ride.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jbailer
JoeB
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Yanks0114 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:25 pm

JoeB is 100% correct.

Also, I'm starting to realize that no boost is safe boost. While some people have had success/luck with 5.5 or 6psi on stock fuel/internals, I blew a knock sensor at 4psi.

If you want to run 5.5+ definately do fuel upgrades (pump, injectors, and jims fuel upgrade)
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Boost

Postby PDX SuperSolara » Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:55 pm

The reason you lost a knock sensor was because the supercharger kit TRD supplies for our application is incomplete. They should have included a fuel system upgrade with it. With the fuel system upgrade, boost is not a bad thing, within reason.
Jim @ Foreign Affairs
2315 SE 11th Avenue
Portland, Oregon 97214
503-236-2871
PDX SuperSolara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Boost

Postby TRD_solaRa » Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:32 pm

PDX SuperSolara wrote:The reason you lost a knock sensor was because the supercharger kit TRD supplies for our application is incomplete. They should have included a fuel system upgrade with it. With the fuel system upgrade, boost is not a bad thing, within reason.

don't ya hate it when people half a$$ things? :evil: too bad you were apart of their R&D team when they first developed the vehicle Jim . . . i'll bet the solara would have much better performance gains now too
TRD_solaRa
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

TRD R&D

Postby PDX SuperSolara » Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:07 am

I had a long talk with a guy who headed up TRD a couple years ago. He told me that the only real problem with the S/C was a lack of fuel delivery, but he would not say where the problem was. I had to figure that out by myself and develop a kit to fix the problem! Obviously they didn't want to deal with it.
Jim @ Foreign Affairs
2315 SE 11th Avenue
Portland, Oregon 97214
503-236-2871
PDX SuperSolara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Dawgz » Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:57 pm

ok so if i get the supercharger, and do a 5.5 boost, jim....how much for the fuel upgrade...?
--=Black on Black=-- (Sold)
Dawgz

Postby TRD_solaRa » Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:14 pm

Dawgz wrote:ok so if i get the supercharger, and do a 5.5 boost, jim....how much for the fuel upgrade...?

yea the general idea is that 5.5 would be g with the fuel upgrades . . . Jim's kit is $200. The kit is a GREAT deal and it's under discussion now as well . . . http://www.zer0.info/solaraguy/viewtopic.php?t=15667
Shootz.
TRD_solaRa
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Forced Induction