[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - dynamic tensioner problem
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

dynamic tensioner problem

dynamic tensioner problem

Postby goldentoy » Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:12 am

i am installing my supercharger today and i am on the part where you attach the dynamic tensioner to the idler plate. it seems to me that my tensioner has no movement once i have it on the plate. i use the ratchet to try and move the pulley but it doesnt move. it is stuck in one position. I was wondering if it is broken or maybe frozen. and if i gotta buy a new tensioner maybe. i tried doing a search for similar problems but nothing came up. any help would be appreciated. thanks
goldentoy
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby SC V6 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:59 am

its super stiff... it takes some torque to move it...
Parting out my car!!! great upgrades for sale!
http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=34449

Denso IK22's (6), SWAP PARTS! and more!!!
SC V6
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Tensioner

Postby PDX SuperSolara » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:52 pm

Yes the tensioner is very stiff, and also be sure you are twisting in the proper direction. I prefer attaching as tight a belt as will fit to lessen slipping especially when using smaller S/C drive pulleys. It really makes a difference.
Jim @ Foreign Affairs
2315 SE 11th Avenue
Portland, Oregon 97214
503-236-2871
PDX SuperSolara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby goldentoy » Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:25 pm

thanks for the help. sorry im kind of a newb at this. is it so tight that i need a breaker bar to move the tensioner. im going to try at it again. i need my car for work tommorrow lol. :lol:
goldentoy
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Paladin06Greg » Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:09 pm

Yep I needed a breaker bar each time I changed my pulley so it sounds like you're ok..

goldentoy wrote:thanks for the help. sorry im kind of a newb at this. is it so tight that i need a breaker bar to move the tensioner. im going to try at it again. i need my car for work tommorrow lol. :lol:
Paladin06Greg
Torqued Solara
Torqued Solara

Postby goldentoy » Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:27 pm

thanks for the info guys. it was a relief. i thought my tensioner was broken. im working on the ebc now
goldentoy
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Forced Induction