[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - s/c oil leak
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

s/c oil leak

s/c oil leak

Postby 20SoLaRa02 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:24 pm

Hey everyone,

i've heard of people having oil leak from the noise peice where the seal is, but has anyone had oil leak on the nose peice near the pulley side? that's where i'm having a little leak, but i'm not really sure where its coming from. i jus see oil all around the nose peice on the pulley side. I was planning to change the oil anyways, but i'm want to make sure i repair the leak. does anybody know what could be causing that leak? any info would be appreciated

thanks in advance,
michael
20SoLaRa02
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SpeedSTARs » Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:11 pm

SUP Bro,

I never had that probem with the oil leaking out of the nose piece by the pulley end. However, this seem serious. I had a simular problem but it was a leaking from the gasket side of the nose piece. The out come was some burned out bearings in the charger. You should have this checked out as soon as possible to avoid a simular condition. I wish you luck Bro. :wink: :angel:
SpeedSTARs
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 20SoLaRa02 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:56 pm

thanks, how much did you have to pay to repair it and did you repair it, did you send it out or did u do it urself?

thanks again,
michael
20SoLaRa02
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SpeedSTARs » Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:01 pm

20SoLaRa02 wrote:thanks, how much did you have to pay to repair it and did you repair it, did you send it out or did u do it urself?

thanks again,
michael

Sup Man,

It cost me $650 to have all the repairs done by Magnuson. Here is the link to the details posted in the past.

http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=16917

Hopefully you don't end up the same way with the burned out bearings Bro. :turn-l:
SpeedSTARs
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: s/c oil leak

Postby Vampire » Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:37 pm

If it is truly leaking from the nosepiece then you probably need to send it out or get a remanufactured nosepiece if you're handy. I have never taken it apart but I suspect there is a bearing and an oil seal there or an integrated unit. It isn't very common and TRD and Magunsson claim that you will get a little leakage till the seal sets. Have you tried wiping it and monitoring it?
Paul

02 Solara SE V6 5spd SC
00 Camry LE V6 Auto SC
Vampire
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 20SoLaRa02 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:10 am

i haven't tried wiping it and monitoring it yet. i was planning to do it, but i found out that the s/c is under the power train warr since i had a dealer install it. i was planning to take it to a dealer to have them inspect it first. i've had the s/c for almost 30k miles, and i don't recall it ever leaking. it is possible that i jus never noticed it until now, but usually i notice these things. i figured i should have the dealer inspect it first before i wipe it clean so they can actually see that it is leaking.

perhaps i can take pictures so that you may be able to give me your opinion on it, if you don't mind.

thanks for the help,
michael
20SoLaRa02
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Vampire » Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:51 pm

I noticed an oily film for the first 2 thousand miles or so and it stopped. No drip though. If it is under warranty then by all means have the dealer take care of it. I forgot to mention that I have heard of leaks there when the SC belt is tensioned too tightly but this was before TRD upgraded the kits with the tensioner pulley and we used a fixed pulley assembly. I don't know if i could help you but feel free to send or better yet post a pic.

Good Luck. A little seepage is not bad. Be glad you caught it early and check your motor out once in a while like you should. I had both my SC's leak oil at the seal.
Paul

02 Solara SE V6 5spd SC
00 Camry LE V6 Auto SC
Vampire
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Forced Induction