[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Racing Fuel
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Racing Fuel

Racing Fuel

Postby Sleeper » Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:58 pm

TRD recommends using 92 octane on the S/C application, now I have a race event here in LA this weekend (Battle of the Imports) and Im thinking of loading it up with 101 octane racing fuel from 76 Unocal gasoline. Do any of you guys think I'll be running into problems? Other members from my team have used it on LS-Vtec apps, Evo's, SRT-4's, Type R's, etc. and they haven't had any problems, however, they do not have the problems that Solaras have with restrictive fuel lines. Any info will be greatly appreciated... thanks
SLEEPER...
Sparco Torino Seats, TRD Blower, Autometer Boost, Air/Fuel, and Tach gauges, DVD Touchscreen receiver, Carbon Fiber Reverse Gauges/Hood, 8K HIDs, Complete TRD Suspension, SPEC Stage 3 clutch & flywheel
Sleeper
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Racing Fuel

Postby SpeedSTARs » Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:18 pm

Sleeper wrote:TRD recommends using 92 octane on the S/C application, now I have a race event here in LA this weekend (Battle of the Imports) and Im thinking of loading it up with 101 octane racing fuel from 76 Unocal gasoline. Do any of you guys think I'll be running into problems? Other members from my team have used it on LS-Vtec apps, Evo's, SRT-4's, Type R's, etc. and they haven't had any problems, however, they do not have the problems that Solaras have with restrictive fuel lines. Any info will be greatly appreciated... thanks

Sup Sleeper,

I have've used Turbo Blue (110 octane) and all I can say is it burns up antifreeze like crazy :( (this happened when I was running the stock 4lbs pulley with stock internals and no FUEL KIT). The prositive side is that it smells like ZIPPO fluid :D . The question remains, What work/MODZ are done to the Solara??? Are you AUTO or Manual? If your running 4-5 lbs of boost with Jim's Fuel Kit, it should be fine. Now if your carting with 5.5-6 lbs of boost you will need a Fuel controler to correct the running lean descrepancy. This concern should pop the CEL on the dash unless corrected with the Fuel control/SAFCII/Split Second unit. Hopefully this info helps out Bro. :angel:

Correct me if I'm off guys? :P
SpeedSTARs
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Sleeper » Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:25 pm

Well, I have an V6 5speed engine, Injen Short Ram intake and TRD Exhaust, Royal Purple oil and thats it as far as motor goes.
SLEEPER...
Sparco Torino Seats, TRD Blower, Autometer Boost, Air/Fuel, and Tach gauges, DVD Touchscreen receiver, Carbon Fiber Reverse Gauges/Hood, 8K HIDs, Complete TRD Suspension, SPEC Stage 3 clutch & flywheel
Sleeper
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Sleeper » Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:26 pm

oh and S/Ced
SLEEPER...
Sleeper
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SpeedSTARs » Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:34 pm

In that case. I'd just watch the coolant if it starts to get low... Have fun at the track and enjoy the race fuel scent Bro. :wink:
SpeedSTARs
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Turbosolara » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:00 pm

race fuel is ok, less detonation

87 octane means it burns easier then 92, so you should know 105 is lots harder to burn. but that can cause detonation since you have force induction. if you have not change spark plug, change denso iridium IK22, you will notice lots of improvement. good luck on the race
2002 Lexus IS300 5MT
1997 Prelude base, 5MT
Turbosolara
juicy Taiwanese sausage
juicy Taiwanese sausage

Postby lazyboyz69 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:04 am

goodl luck man your gonna hit 14's easy....unless its your first time then you probably gonna hit 15's
5 spd v6 supercharged, TRD kit,TRD short shifter,TRD Rear Sway Bar,TRD Front Tie Bar,TRD Exhuast,Rear B&G Damper System, tien/tokcio front,18" Axis Seven,Walbro 190 fuel pump,
lazyboyz69
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Astro » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:45 am

I've never seen 92 or 101 out here. The 76 I go to has 91 and 100. Do various 76's (in SoCal) have different octanes?
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby ZXLNT » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:30 am

Turbosolara wrote:race fuel is ok, less detonation

87 octane means it burns easier then 92, so you should know 105 is lots harder to burn. but that can cause detonation since you have force induction. if you have not change spark plug, change denso iridium IK22, you will notice lots of improvement. good luck on the race

Higher octane fuel MORE prone to pre-ignition? How so???
ZXLNT
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Mole » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:52 am

don't be suprised if you burn the fuel A LOT faster than any other lower octanes...
(this comes from first hand experience on many tanks of mixed 100/91.)

at least it will clean your fuel injectors, less knock and smoother running. but the price tag is horrible...
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby dominoSLEV6 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:55 am

ZXLNT wrote:
Turbosolara wrote:race fuel is ok, less detonation

Higher octane fuel MORE prone to pre-ignition? How so???

More combustable. Am I right?

I have no idea I still don't follow this octane deal.

-chris
It will run one day, RPMs EVERYWHERE!
dominoSLEV6
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Turbosolara » Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:28 pm

oh shoot i mean 105 can help you prevent detonation, sorry i was too tire. high octane is not helping you to clean your motor. here is the discussion. if you search on internet, you can find more info.

http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthr ... =91+octane

It might seem odd that fuels with higher octane ratings burn less easily, yet are popularly thought of as more powerful. Using a fuel with a higher octane lets an engine be run at a higher compression ratio without having problems with knock. Compression is directly related to power, so engines that require higher octane usually deliver more power. Some high-performance engines are designed to operate with a compression ratio associated with high octane numbers, and thus demand high-octane gasoline. It should be noted that the power output of an engine also depends on the energy content of its fuel, which bears no simple relationship to the octane rating. Some people believe that adding a higher octane fuel to their engine will increase its performance or lessen its fuel consumption; this is false - engines perform best when using fuel with the octane rating they were designed for.

source: http://www.answers.com/topic/petrol
or eveywhere of internet
2002 Lexus IS300 5MT
1997 Prelude base, 5MT
Turbosolara
juicy Taiwanese sausage
juicy Taiwanese sausage

Postby Astro » Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:37 pm

Turbosolara wrote:Some people believe that adding a higher octane fuel to their engine will increase its performance or lessen its fuel consumption; this is false - engines perform best when using fuel with the octane rating they were designed for.

Exactly!!!
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro

Postby ZXLNT » Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:33 pm

Turbosolara wrote:oh shoot i mean 105 can help you prevent detonation, sorry i was too tire. high octane is not helping you to clean your motor. here is the discussion. if you search on internet, you can find more info.

http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthr ... =91+octane

source: http://www.answers.com/topic/petrol
or eveywhere of internet

Doh ok, I was wondering. :)
ZXLNT
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Sleeper » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:41 pm

Well i finally purchased the racing fuel, VP Racing at 103 octane. A 5 gallon tin can cost me $45. Since this is my first time running the Solara on racing fuel, its going to take me a while to know exactly which mixture is best for my car. This weekend I need to make my car as light as possible, my car right now is completely gutted out, the only thing left in it is my Sparco seat, armrest console, and the dashboard. As far as the weight on the fuel i only want to run it with a quarter tank. So im thinking of having 3 gallons of 103 and 2 gollons of 91 octane for best mixture, what do you guys think?
SLEEPER...
Sleeper
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Next

Return to Forced Induction