[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - SAFCII Settings
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

SAFCII Settings

Postby CamryOnBronze » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:45 am

Either post your SAFC settings or don't post. I'll lock this with the next OT BS post.
94 Camry: Beater
99 Solara: S/C & Totaled (RIP)
93 240SX: SR20DET
CamryOnBronze
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby 20SoLaRa02 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:17 am

On a different note:

How did u guys determine what to set ur rpms at for the low/high/NE points. i noticed that different people set there points at different rpms. i'm just trying to figure this out as i will be tuning my car soon and have no idea what rpms to use.

Thanks
Michael
20SoLaRa02
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Dawgz » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:20 am

20SoLaRa02 wrote:On a different note:

How did u guys determine what to set ur rpms at for the low/high/NE points. i noticed that different people set there points at different rpms. i'm just trying to figure this out as i will be tuning my car soon and have no idea what rpms to use.

Thanks
Michael

My tuner did it.

They run the car with no tune first, and then according to the AFR shown on their computer, they can adjust the SAFCII to give/take fuel off that rpm band.
--=Black on Black=-- (Sold)
Dawgz
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby Akfahad » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:31 am

^^x2...like he said before, every car is different, so where your RPMs fall on the SAFC will most likely be different.

What I did was enter in my RPM settings myself and spaced them out at even intervals and added some adjustment to it. I felt a little bit more comfortable driving to the shop that way, but the tuner will ultimately make the necessary tweaks once he gets it on the dyno.
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby RON » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:25 am

Akfahad wrote:^^x2...like he said before, every car is different, so where your RPMs fall on the SAFC will most likely be different.

What I did was enter in my RPM settings myself and spaced them out at even intervals and added some adjustment to it. I felt a little bit more comfortable driving to the shop that way, but the tuner will ultimately make the necessary tweaks once he gets it on the dyno.

Thanks..

I assume your higher #s were a result of using a bigger MAF. Ususally with bigger injectors you're gonna take away fuel.
RON
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby RON » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:44 am

20SoLaRa02 wrote:On a different note:

Thanks
Michael

You definitely need a dyno run with A/F to set the #s. Basically the low throttle setting could be left alone at 0 (I did). I left the basic default of 20% is low throttle and 50% is high throttle. Your AFC will interpolate between. Once above 50% it's all HI Throttle settings with 100% of your correction factors. If you're not SC, AFC is basically useless. I was running VERY lean at the dyno...my previous tuner set me at -5% in the upper rpms (not sure which, but I think it was 5K). He said I was RICH then. Who knows..my car was LEAN for sure this time (A/Fs in the 14-15 range :o above 3K). They set it 4-7% more fuel from 2k -5K and it made a HUGE difference. My A/F dropped a full point! Keep in mind I have 5.5lbs and exhaust mods...that will definitely require more fuel. If you're SC then I would ask him to keep the A/Fs around 12.3/12.5 between 3-6K RPM. do your research..this is just MY TAKE. :)
RON
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Eye8Pussies » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:06 pm

most tuners will leave the low throttle barely touched and set the hi/low throttle settings at a moderate zone- 50%, or for a more aggressive tune, make the high throttle point really low.

also, setting the throttle points are very different between standards and autos, as the load and fuel systems are setup very differently. in general, you have a larger margin of error when tuning an automatic car since the time that it takes the tranny to shift or lock up, the fuel system will have caught up in time

but in general, dyno tuning is more for fine tuning unless you find somebody who is willing to give you hours of dyno time so that you can test out different throttle points vs load indexes and tune a car well for the street. personally, I'm fan of street tuning and then fine tuning at a dyno.
HaHa

Ripped...and the girls are loving it. ;)
Eye8Pussies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Akfahad » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:30 pm

RON wrote:
Akfahad wrote:^^x2...like he said before, every car is different, so where your RPMs fall on the SAFC will most likely be different.

Thanks..

I assume your higher #s were a result of using a bigger MAF. Ususally with bigger injectors you're gonna take away fuel.

you are correct sir
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby 20SoLaRa02 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:40 pm

thanks guys. i was just wondering if there was any secret as to what rpms u entered into the safc. Evenly spaced makes sense but i've been reading on tutorials for other cars tuning with a wideband and safc and some of them had specific rpms they wanted to enter that weren't evenly spaced due to boost and other things occuring at specific rpm. This gave them better control when tuning the a/f at crucial points.

I will be attempting to tune this myself with the innovate lm-2 as a few members have mentioned to me that street tune can be ok for my current setup. i eventually plan to get this thing to a dyno after i do my tuning just to verify what i did.

Anybody else have SAFC settings they can share with us? All of these settings will be good reference points for me as i begin my adventure :).

Thanks again all!!!
20SoLaRa02
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Dawgz » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:46 pm

My new tune (11.8:1 A/F tune) 6psi, supra N/A injectors.

HI Throttle:

1000: +7
1600: +7
2200: +7
2800: +7
3400: +15
4000: +4
4600: -8
5200: -10
5800: -12
6400: -18

Lo Throttle: