[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Post up your Dyno sheet please. :)
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Post up your Dyno sheet please. :)

Postby Camry Racing » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:51 pm

Eye8Pussies wrote:^ yup, that's about where the power really comes on...

as for the mazda 3 2.3L 5-speed making about the same....on dynos, they can put down closer to 140whp on a dynojet

In regards to Xerd and their 129whp on a mustang dyno, that sound about right, since they are known to put down around 15% less than any other dyno, be it a dynojet or a dynapack. Take that into account, and you're looking at around 148whp.

for redgen1, I can't say, as he didn't post a dyno graph to look at.

as for 99v6solaraSE, the only real upgrade to mention at that point is the CPE intake. So presuming that you put down 145whp stock, a 5-6whp gain with an intake and exhaust without a y-pipe is in fact quite respectable. And something funny's going on with that dip...which would be at around 5K if I'm correct...but yeah...graphs with speed instead of RPMs is pretty hard to read

Long story short, the 1mz with an auto still DOES NOT put down 133whp, unless something isn't running right.

Observe:

My dyno NA Auto w/y-pipe and 2.5" exhaust + stock cat + 17" rims, stock intake and w/ knock sensor problems

My dyno NA Auto w/ same as above +18" rims + CAI + relocated knock sensors

SKPerformance - 94ES300 - CAI and 2.5" exhaust + 18" chromes

EKam - 96 camry - y-pipe + 2.5" exhaust + 17" IS300 rims

Ratko - 94 camry - stock auto w/ muffler + knock sensor problem

Ratko - 94 camry - stock w/ muffler + 5-speed swap + knock sensor problem

SilverStreak - 92 3vzfe - 2.5" exhaust + 17" rims

[b]Dave Mush - MR2 1MZFE Swap - 5speed

The MR2s can put down close to 10whp more stock than our cars due to their really short (non-restrictive) exhaust system. And the 5-speed puts down about 10-15whp more than the auto.

okay so why the hell everybody got Knock sensor problems know I have a doubt does the computer throw a cel if it detects knock sensor problems?

Camry Racing
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Dawgz » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:57 pm

Camry Racing wrote:
Eye8Pussies wrote:^ yup, that's about where the power really comes on...

as for the mazda 3 2.3L 5-speed making about the same....on dynos, they can put down closer to 140whp on a dynojet

In regards to Xerd and their 129whp on a mustang dyno, that sound about right, since they are known to put down around 15% less than any other dyno, be it a dynojet or a dynapack. Take that into account, and you're looking at around 148whp.

for redgen1, I can't say, as he didn't post a dyno graph to look at.

as for 99v6solaraSE, the only real upgrade to mention at that point is the CPE intake. So presuming that you put down 145whp stock, a 5-6whp gain with an intake and exhaust without a y-pipe is in fact quite respectable. And something funny's going on with that dip...which would be at around 5K if I'm correct...but yeah...graphs with speed instead of RPMs is pretty hard to read

Long story short, the 1mz with an auto still DOES NOT put down 133whp, unless something isn't running right.

Observe:

My dyno NA Auto w/y-pipe and 2.5" exhaust + stock cat + 17" rims, stock intake and w/ knock sensor problems

My dyno NA Auto w/ same as above +18" rims + CAI + relocated knock sensors

SKPerformance - 94ES300 - CAI and 2.5" exhaust + 18" chromes

EKam - 96 camry - y-pipe + 2.5" exhaust + 17" IS300 rims

Ratko - 94 camry - stock auto w/ muffler + knock sensor problem

Ratko - 94 camry - stock w/ muffler + 5-speed swap + knock sensor problem

SilverStreak - 92 3vzfe - 2.5" exhaust + 17" rims

[b]Dave Mush - MR2 1MZFE Swap - 5speed

The MR2s can put down close to 10whp more stock than our cars due to their really short (non-restrictive) exhaust system. And the 5-speed puts down about 10-15whp more than the auto.

okay so why the hell everybody got Knock sensor problems know I have a doubt does the computer throw a cel if it detects knock sensor problems?

--=Black on Black=-- (Sold)
Dawgz
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby Camry Racing » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:38 pm

not funny :x

Camry Racing
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby krook » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:49 pm

hahaha

if you're asking if the knock sensor, upon detecting knock, throws a CEL code YES, it does.
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Eye8Pussies » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:02 pm

actually....no....

if the knock sensors detect knock, they pull timing and dump fuel without throwing a code. you'll just notice that the car pretty much goes nowhere and you'll smell lots of unburnt fuel.

the knock sensor codes P0325 and P0330 are only thrown when the knock sensors are either disconnected or shorted, blown, or almost blown. basically, the codes are only thrown by the ecu when it receives no signals from the knock sensors.
HaHa

Ripped...and the girls are loving it. ;)
Eye8Pussies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Antnkel » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:08 pm

Hi guys, hope you don't mind me posting on here as I have a mr2 it does have a 1mz in though.
Was just wondering what you thought of this dyno I had done.
http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz17 ... nov6-1.jpg

cheers.
Ant. :)
Antnkel
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:20 pm

too small for me to see!
i wonder how much im really really pushing! 4 pounds with 330 n/a supra injectors. everything else stock.
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby Antnkel » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:33 pm

Can't put it up any other way at the mo I'm on my iPhone laptops not working.
I'll be going supercharged soon, m90's being fitted as we speak that's why I wanted some opinions on the dyno.
:)
Antnkel
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby jetbtkng » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:45 am

Image Image Image
jetbtkng
solaraguy idiot racing team
solaraguy idiot racing team

Postby Midias » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:59 am

Eye8Pussies wrote:actually....no....

if the knock sensors detect knock, they pull timing and dump fuel without throwing a code. you'll just notice that the car pretty much goes nowhere and you'll smell lots of unburnt fuel.

the knock sensor codes P0325 and P0330 are only thrown when the knock sensors are either disconnected or shorted, blown, or almost blown. basically, the codes are only thrown by the ecu when it receives no signals from the knock sensors.

When I had a blown knock sensor my car was slower than my wifes stock 5s auto
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Antnkel » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:07 am

Does anyone think my dyno looks like the ones with a dodgy knock sensor?
Antnkel
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Midias » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:12 am

Antnkel wrote:Does anyone think my dyno looks like the ones with a dodgy knock sensor?

Here is one. Also when I had my scan tool on my car the timing stayed between 0 and -10 Degrees with a blown knock and would to rev well beyond 3k rpm. The dyno is from eye8pussies. Maybe you can compare it looks similar is your CEL on?

Last edited by Midias on Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Dawgz » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:16 am

Antnkel wrote:Does anyone think my dyno looks like the ones with a dodgy knock sensor?

I wouldnt say KNK itself, it looks almost fuel/exhaust related.
--=Black on Black=-- (Sold)
Dawgz

Postby Antnkel » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:26 am

I thought it looked similar to some on here that had a problem knock sensor.
When I had it dyno'd the guy did say it was running lean around 3500 to 4500 mark.
Antnkel
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Midias » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:26 am

Antnkel wrote:I thought it looked similar to some on here that had a problem knock sensor.
When I had it dyno'd the guy did say it was running lean around 3500 to 4500 mark.

Probably more accurate what injectors / pump are you running. Also are you running anything to correct the AF such as an SAFC or a NEO
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

PreviousNext

Return to Forced Induction