[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Since there's all this turbo talk...
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Since there's all this turbo talk...

Postby Ilovemylara » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:40 am

niiiice!
Ilovemylara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Akfahad » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:40 pm

gonna be sick....like the new AF uniforms actually
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby anwagbo3000 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:44 pm

shibby!!!
The three L's....Let Life Lead........
anwagbo3000
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby gnegroni » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:06 pm

I don't like the new AF uniforms, but its nice not having to wear a tie.
'05 Lunar Mist SE: 2AZ-FE, E351 and all their combined glory!
gnegroni
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby GzNutz » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:20 pm

Good luck with the project. Looking forward to seeing it all come together!
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby hksboost » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:23 am

Very nice
Keep up the good work

TurboNetics T-60
471 Whp / 467 lbft @ 20 psi
hksboost
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 1gSE » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:45 am

laying the pipe :P Just a rough idea of how its gonna go together. Definitely not cut anywhere near how it's supposed to be

test fittin the intercooler. I had to sit it on my tool box lol. Its actually gonna sit about an inch higher and it wont stick out the bottom of the bumper. I'll have to trim some metal away behind the bumper to get the inlet pipe through.

total cost so far, 1166
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby hksboost » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:36 pm

Very nice work

TurboNetics T-60
471 Whp / 467 lbft @ 20 psi
hksboost
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby funboy102 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:46 pm

1gSE wrote:Image

YYYYEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, I like this picture. Subliminally, you're holding a TURBO and you're wearing air FORCE ABU... get it, air force, force induction, ha ha ha??

Anyways, this project looks like it's gonna be lots of fun, good luck with everything.
1999 Solara SE V6 5-Speed PICS! http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=43759
funboy102
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Ilovemylara » Sat May 30, 2009 3:50 am

Got any updates for us :)
Ilovemylara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Taido » Sat May 30, 2009 4:58 am

lol your ABU pants are a different color than the blouse.
'06 Black Cherry Pearl tC inherited the headunit and subs so far...
'04 2AZ-FE Lunar Mist Metallic Solara SE (Totaled)
Taido
Audiophiliac
Audiophiliac

Postby 1gSE » Sat May 30, 2009 8:54 am

Ilovemylara wrote:Got any updates for us :)

not yet, it's on hold till after august since my gf is here. After that i REALLY need to jump on it before winter hits. I still need a wideband o2. I'm going with a innovate lc1. ebay has them for under 200 for the sensor, controller and gauge. I'm still debating on the wastegates though. I can't decide between a 38mm tial or the 40mm jgs400. I like the tial cuz i can start off with the smallest spring (3.63 psi) I also like the jgs400 cuz its bigger and can control boost better, but it can't go below 6 psi and it doesn't have smaller springs. I want to take baby steps and work my way up, and don't feel like paying close too 400 for the 44mm tial. This has been the hardest decision and i haven't even made it lol :-?

Taido wrote:lol your ABU pants are a different color than the blouse.

i don't think i've ever seen a pair that match :P and i'm kinda anti-coversall's unless i'm doing heavy maintenance. back up abu's ftw!
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby RON » Sat May 30, 2009 9:46 pm

Watch this blow off valve (actually a *by pass valve*) very carefully. Had one on my 944 Turbo. It dumped boost from the intake when you lifted off the throttle..that's what you want. However, there is a rubber diaphragm in there that tends to CRACK>>>>>that means LOOSING BOOST! In my opinion it's a POS...carry several spares. When you find you're losing some boost, that's the first place to look. Have fun!
RON
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 1gSE » Sun May 31, 2009 9:46 am

thanks for the info. These things are all over ebay for like 20 bux so i'll stock up on some :wink:
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby 1gSE » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:28 am

progress is slow....but its progress.....

You've already seen the flexalite install, so i'll skip that part

I knew i was going to have a hard time with rebuilding the turbo.....i barely started. The nut on the compressor V-band locked up on the stud, so i figured it would break trying to take it off and it did. I got 3 of the 4 bolts off of the turbine side. I'll get the other off on monday when I get to work since I don't have the wrench I need. So I cleaned up the compressor side. It looks like the compressor blades came in contact with the compressor housing since there's small flat spots on each blade, but i can't complain for 60 bux. I want to move onto an HX35 instead since it has a smaller turbine housing, or I can just swap housings with this one. Anyways, here's the "starting to clean it" pix

I'm interested to see how much oil is in the turbine side. The compressor was f*ckin filthy, but keep in mind, this is at least a 17 or 18 year old turbo. I'm guessing by that red mark on the compressor wheel that the turbo has been rebuilt before, and not balanced. That might explain the flat spots on the blades. I need to send off the injectors to be serviced, and I got a walbro 255 fuel pump sitting in a box waiting to go in along with the other sh*t. I'm gonna hate installing the pump cuz I gotta pull my sub enclosure (90 lbs), my 2 amps plus the back seat out to put it in :( There's been a slight change to my plan...something you probably won't see coming and it's been discussed recently. It's gonna cut down on time and will definitely be much easier. Stay tuned. Next month i'll be hitting this hard 8)
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

PreviousNext

Return to Forced Induction