[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Test results
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Test results

Test results

Postby RON » Tue May 12, 2009 6:25 pm

I got a chance to perform my *test* today. For some background, it's a *poor man's dyno* that involves timing yourself within a specific RPM or speed range. I have found it very reliable in comparing various mods in the same car or even comparing different cars. Once you have practiced doing it, the consistency improves greatly. It's also important to run the car on a LEVEL ROAD in both directions (perhaps several times) and then take an AVERAGE. In the case of 5 speeds (as mine) you time the 4000-6000RPM interval in THIRD. For autos, it's 60-90MPH. You first FLOOR IT at 3000 RPM (or 50mph) and then start the stop watch at 4000RPM or 60MPH...stopping it at 6000 or 90MPH.

As a reference..when I first did this test BONE STOCK, I got around 7.6 sec ave. BTW, this result correlates very well with the POTENTIAL (well executed) 0-60 time. After the SC was installed (no mods) I got 6.3. A DYNO soon after gave me 220 WHP. A 1 sec gain is worth approx 40-50 hp. When I went to the 5.5 pulley I got NO change at first! After adding the Y pipe and EVO Cat Back, I got 5.3 sec..that would be another 40+HP over 4lb. Sure enough a second Dyno confirmed that with 261 WHP.

Today I got a SOLID 5.0 sec ave (two back to back runs 4.90 and 5.0). The only thing I changed in the set up were 1)NEW knock and O2 sensors 2)new stock cat (factory legal replacement) (3) Lower temp 160 thermostat (4) 25% race gas mix (I now run 5 gal of 100 with EVERY fill up :D to keep the knock sensors happy). BTW, I've run at least 20 WOT's since switching to race gas (many in hot weather) and NO CEL!!

Jim's fuel mod is next...I'll keep you all posted.

Some people think this test isn't *reliable*..I beg to differ. You can be accurate within .1-.2 sec with practice and AVERAGING several results. Just make sure the road is LEVEL!
RON
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Forced Induction