[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - M62 Oil Change Interval
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

M62 Oil Change Interval

M62 Oil Change Interval

Postby akora12 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:37 pm

My research has turned up everything from 10-100k miles. I've put 8k miles on my s/c since having it rebuilt, so I'm leaning toward 10k miles to be on the safe side. I probably won't swap out the coupler until 30k miles, or until it starts making noise.

What's your interval?
2000 Solara SEV6 5-speed S/C - Dismantled and sold :(
akora12
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Solarizona » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:42 pm

10k seems way too soon. The mechanic that installed mine said at least 50k. I bought my s/c with 40k miles on it and when I changed the oil, it barely looked used. Also the coupler still looked perfect - changed it anyway since I had it apart.
TRD Bodykit, Eibach, Tokico, BBS, OBX headers/y-pipe, Custom 2.5" Magnaflow/Dynomax, PowerStop, Goodridge, AFE.
Solarizona
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Akfahad » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:53 pm

30k is my interval
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Re: M62 Oil Change Interval

Postby RON » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:30 pm

akora12 wrote:My research has turned up everything from 10-100k miles. I've put 8k miles on my s/c since having it rebuilt, so I'm leaning toward 10k miles to be on the safe side. I probably won't swap out the coupler until 30k miles, or until it starts making noise.

What's your interval?

If you check Eaton, you'll see they were made to be basically sealed and *maintenance free* . There are no access ports to change oil. Eaton states that the SC is good for the life of the vehicle and many SCs have gone through EOM testing (those that come with SC originally) for 100K miles with no maintenance. I have 60K miles on mine with NO problems. I did have an oil leak when it was new and had it replaced, since TRD was F#King up big time with assembly :roll: . I got the replacement after 9 months and it's been trouble free. That was back in 2001. Unless you're having noise, I wouldn't mess with it.

Having said that, those with 6lb plus pulleys will see more premature wear.
RON
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby jetbtkng » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:11 pm

thats me, lol............. :drinking:
jetbtkng
solaraguy idiot racing team
solaraguy idiot racing team

Return to Forced Induction