[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Quick question about fuel system for turboing a 1mz
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Quick question about fuel system for turboing a 1mz

Quick question about fuel system for turboing a 1mz

Postby chullen1 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:20 pm

I am considering turboing my camry instead of putting on a supercharger. I have deceided to go with a GT2871R. It is one step above a GT28RS. I need some info on the fuel system for this setup. I was considering going with a Supra fuel pump and injectors and MAF. The question is am I on the right road as far as fuel upgrades go and what supra do I need to my parts from a Twin Turbo Supra or a 7mgte Supra?
chullen1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ASG14 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:33 pm

You REALLY haven't researched much, if at all.......

Walbro 255LPH for a Non-Turbo Supra
Supra Injectors and MAF (I forgot what ones)
Convert to a return style fuel system using Gen 3 parts (Contact Gabe for pricing and questions).
ASG14
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby chullen1 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:38 pm

ASG14 wrote:You REALLY haven't researched much, if at all.......

Walbro 255LPH for a Non-Turbo Supra
Supra Injectors and MAF (I forgot what ones)
Convert to a return style fuel system using Gen 3 parts (Contact Gabe for pricing and questions).

Thanks for the info. I was unsure which supra to get the parts from that is all. I will contact gabe, plan on having him build me a motor also.
chullen1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ASG14 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:18 pm

The Diff in the fuel pumps between the Turbo and Non Turbo, is the inlet and outlet on the pump. The Turbo one is offset, and the Non-Turbo one is inline (Like the Camry).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WALBRO-2 ... ccessories

Thats hte one I just got for a friend.
ASG14
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby chullen1 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:14 pm

thanks for the info. i talked to gabe and will be getting parts from him to convert the fuel system over to return style when I do the deed and lay down the money for it all
chullen1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Mole » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:57 pm

geeze... need a personal assistant?
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby chullen1 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:24 pm

Ok not sure what you mean............... :fadein:
chullen1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 1gSE » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:53 am

a gt28 is a little on the small side for a 1mz, not to mention you can pick up a t3/t4 (a 57 trim t3/t04e should be a perfect match) for less than half the price and flows more at a lower p/r...less heat, less stress on the engine. The gt28 is gonna choke the engine at higher rpm. For the walbro 255....get it from URD... its already modified to fit
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby chullen1 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:07 am

yeah well I the I have deceided to use a different turbo after some more research last night. I want a ball bearing turbo since it will spool a little faster than a non ball bearing like the t3/t4 you said I should get I am now thinking of using a GT K Series from Turbonetics
chullen1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Mole » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:10 am

chullen1 wrote:Ok not sure what you mean............... :fadein:

you seem to have an abundance of green.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby 1gSE » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:39 am

with a "high" compression v6, you should have no trouble spooling a journal bearing turbo. I just can't justify spending an extra 1k on a turbo unless i was going for high numbers. I picked up a used holset and rebuild kit for under $150 that'll be at full boost around 3k rpm on smaller 4 cylinders. I understand where you're coming from though....i just couldn't do it.
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby chullen1 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:56 pm

I know I have been saving for this and just got a bit bonus so I will have the right amount of green for this build as it will cost a bit. I might consider a T3/T4 for now but will change it out when I get the new motor in.
chullen1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Forced Induction