[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Maybe one psi of boost?
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Maybe one psi of boost?

Maybe one psi of boost?

Postby lilm » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:03 pm

Well the hose to my boost gauge broke pretty close to where it connects to my gauge, so i snipped the end off and bought a sunpro gauge tubing kit from autozone. Well i got rid of the sucking noise that the leak was making but i am still unable to get anywhere close to four psi. Any ideas on where I should start troubleshooting?
[quote="PhreakdOut"]Nice Jeff. I can't even get fat chicks to pose with my cars. [/quote]
lilm
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby ASG14 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:05 pm

In 1st gear you can usually only get 3/3.5 PSI on the stock pulley.
ASG14
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby lilm » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:08 pm

Iv'e got a ebc on my 5 spd so no boost in first but the gauge does look like i have 1, probably less, in 2nd through 5th regardless of engine speed.
[quote="PhreakdOut"]Nice Jeff. I can't even get fat chicks to pose with my cars. [/quote]
lilm
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Dawgz » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:43 pm

i used to have a problem like this....the issue with my setup was that my exhaust was choked up (the OEM cat was done for, and my precats on my cali spec headers were also done (done as in were restricting)).

But since ur car is a 5speed, it should have federal spec headers, given that u didnt change them yet.

Whats ur exhaust setup like?
--=Black on Black=-- (Sold)
Dawgz
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby lilm » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:51 pm

stock.......but i didnt have the problem before the gauge line broke.....I kinda feel like I'm answering my own question. I'm just not sure what to test from here.
lilm
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Mr_Chunkz » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:14 am

actuator?
Loose Vacuum line?
- Mr_Chunkz -
The Daily
Mr_Chunkz
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ASG14 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:23 am

Kink in the boost line you ran.
ASG14
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby lilm » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:57 am

i guess i should be more clear its still the same line just with a new ferrel on the end
lilm
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Forced Induction