[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Custom Catback???
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Custom Catback???

Custom Catback???

Postby SpeedySolara » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:55 pm

Along with increasing my boost, there's no argument that my exhaust has to be redone. I purchased the OBX headers and Y-pipe and in the pocess of getting the OBX catback (or not?). This is what I have in mind...

Considering the OBX catback is not my cup of tea due to sound and looks, I've been considering doing a dual 2.5" Catback to 2 TRD mufflers. I know I'll inevitably be increasing weight but there will be more air flow, even more than the single 3" OBX catback. Guys give me your feedback, pros, cons, criticisms, opinions, etc.
[size=150][b]Get your Big Brake Kit today:[/b][/size]
http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=48573
SpeedySolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby jetbtkng » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:26 pm

that'll work................ :drinking:
jetbtkng
solaraguy idiot racing team

Postby jetbtkng » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:32 pm

you should get the torque rod from dawgz, if your pumping up the power you'll need it, its the jims /asg torque rod in the for sale section, i have them om my cars, and you should too................... :drinking:
jetbtkng

Postby 1gSE » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:53 pm

GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby SpeedySolara » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:03 pm

jetbtkng wrote:you should get the torque rod from dawgz, if your pumping up the power you'll need it, its the jims /asg torque rod in the for sale section, i have them om my cars, and you should too................... :drinking:

I have the torque rod and reinforced bracket installed so that i dont have future problems. Weird thing is ever since installed I hear a clunk when taking off regardless of speed. Theres gotta be some play there, still gotta check it out.
[size=150][b]Get your Big Brake Kit today:[/b][/size]
http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=48573
SpeedySolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Ilovemylara » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:51 pm

That "clunk" Is from lateral movent in the lower part of the mount. I used washers on each side of mine, and it seems to reduce it, but Im gonna need to make a custom rubber bushing to go in there to completly get rid of that horrible "clunk" sound. BTW I get it alot when go from reverse to forward, even if my car isnt moving.
Ilovemylara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Forced Induction