[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - JPP/OBX Headers HELP ASAP!
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

JPP/OBX Headers HELP ASAP!

JPP/OBX Headers HELP ASAP!

Postby 20SoLaRa02 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:33 pm

Hey all,

I need some major help. so i jumped into the jpp header install using the nice tutorial on it. as i'm making progress after a long hard journey i wish i never took, i get to the part where i'm putting the egr tube onto the rear header. Here's my problems...

Is there suppose to be a new egr tube or am i suppose to use the old one because the old one does not seem to line up at all. the tutorial is for the obx header and mentions that a new once comes wit the headers. I'm installing the JPP Headers so i don't know if the egr tube was suppose to come with it or not. Any help would be appreciated guys, i need to get this thing done!!!

Also if anybody is experienced with this and is willing to help me out over the phone please pm me your number. I know i'm going to need it as i continue the install.

Thanks,
Michael
20SoLaRa02
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby krawzyazn » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:46 pm

PM gregTRD or was it TRDgreg well he can help and he is kinda local to you
2002 2AZ-FE SILVER Toyota Solara
<B>FIRST 2AZ Gen 1.5 Solara with Headers!!!</b>

<B>http://WWW.Obamastinks.net</B>
krawzyazn
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby 20SoLaRa02 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:50 pm

THANKS!
20SoLaRa02
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TxBmbleBee » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:25 pm

the obx headers come with new egr tubes i think
"i just wanna go fast..."
TxBmbleBee
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 20SoLaRa02 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:27 pm

anybody know if the JPP headers do?, if not wth am i suppose to do?

Thanks
20SoLaRa02
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby jetbtkng » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:27 pm

yuup they do, i dont know about jpp, obx is a complete setup.......... :drinking:
jetbtkng
solaraguy idiot racing team

Postby CamryOnBronze » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:39 am

JPP is a complete setup as well and should have included a new EGR tube. Since OBX copied JPP, of course they had one. :lol:

I can't help much with install advice, since we chopped mine off and welded it shut when we installed mine. I had heard a while back that the JPP tube always leaked where it bolted up anyway. But since you are in Cali, that probably isn't an option for you. Good luck!
94 Camry: Beater
99 Solara: S/C & Totaled (RIP)
93 240SX: SR20DET
CamryOnBronze
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby jetbtkng » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:49 am

i have the stock egr flex tube, if you think that would help, i'll give it to you, u just pick it up, your not to far from where im located................ :drinking:
jetbtkng

Postby 20SoLaRa02 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:43 pm

Hey thanks for the help guys and thanks for the offer jetbtkng, but i got ahold of Jose from JPPerformance today and he's making me a new one. He should be done with it today hopefully. wish me luck guys, cuz this damn install is taking me way to long. i wish i never did it!!!

THANKS
20SoLaRa02
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 20SoLaRa02 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:18 pm

Hopefully the egr problem will be resolved tomorrow, but in the mean while i have another problem :(. the thread on the oxygen sensor on the front header was destroyed during the removal. I could probably still put it onto the new header but i don't want to damage the threads on the header itself. Do i have any options to fix the threads or do i have to get a new sensor. also how much do the sensors cost?

Can somebody refresh my memory on how to make sure my vehicle is a cali spec vehicle.

Thanks,
Michael
20SoLaRa02
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Midias » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:40 pm

^ It is cali spec if you had precats
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby 20SoLaRa02 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:50 pm

ok so from what i understand, i have no precats so my vehicle is a federal spec vehicle. Therefore i just need an o2 sensor (not the a/f sensor)? Are the front and rear sensors the same sensor?

If somebody has the part # on hand that would be great, if not my search continues :).

Thanks
20SoLaRa02
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Mole » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:28 pm

did you buy the car in cali?

well doesnt matter anyway, since you have aftermarket headers on.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby 20SoLaRa02 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:54 pm

Thanks for the help guys. i got everything done for this job. Next its time for the fuel pump and injectors :).
20SoLaRa02
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Forced Induction