[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Video 567 HP Camry
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Video 567 HP Camry

Postby black99 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:36 am

Yea, Tony has been a major trendsetter for our motor. He had a twin turbo setup then changed it to GT40R turbo and now has put in a T51R turbo. All three setups have had huge numbers. Hes been working on that camry for a long time. And he used to post in here a long time ago
99 SLE auto- Tein/Tokico combo- TRD RSB- 20% tint all around- 50% windshield- custom grill- Alpine 9857- Alpine Type R comp's- Type S 6x9's- Alpine MRP-M1000- 2 JL Audio 12W3v2- "blacked out"
black99
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby wkbrdr91 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:21 pm

Solara08861 wrote:
wkbrdr91 wrote:
yaddadaimsayin wrote:^ ?

im assuming your confused about the not going anywhere part?
I mean that FWD cars typically have a limit to horsepower, and that one has sure reached it, i know even when the ground is remotely wet and i floor it i dont go anywhere, tires just spin. I was saying how i bet that happens to him all the time (regardless of cement being wet) if he floors it from a dead stop (due to being FWD)

Dude guess you never been to a race track. They have fwd cars pushing 800 - 1000 hp.

I know they do fine on a track, but im talking about from a DEAD STOP, a FWD car with 1000 horsepower and a car with 2000 horsepower that are both FWD wont be much of a difference off the line, in fact the 2000 horsepower one will probably do worse as it takes longer to get traction.
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby CamryOnBronze » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:26 pm

There are videos of it out there, he has no traction issues really. He has a fully built auto trans with a high stall converter and all of the goodies- I know it doesn't seem to make much sense, but King is right- he really doesn't have many traction issues at all.

Tony is a cool guy, the only totally legit and flawless 1mz build I have seen to date in any platform. He REALLY knows his stuff.
94 Camry: Beater
99 Solara: S/C & Totaled (RIP)
93 240SX: SR20DET
CamryOnBronze
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Previous

Return to Forced Induction