[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Oh the S**T I have to make for my friends.....
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Oh the S**T I have to make for my friends.....

Postby RON » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:33 pm

Eye8Pussies wrote:as for adding fuel up top- depending on what your %'s are already up there, adding on the safcII does not mean you're going to get more fuel. you've pretty much maxed out your fuel system at this point already.

If you add more fuel and feel the car start stuttering or running weird, scale it back to what they had set it on the dyno and then reset the ecu. Our ecus don't like adjustments of much more than 30%, and I'm guessing that your settings are probably pretty close to that already.

They only added 4-7% between 2k and 5K and the results were quite dramatic (see below). I was still a bit lean between 3500 and 4500, so I added another 2% at 4K and 5K. The SAFC will interpolate on both sides of those parameters as well as in between. My adjustments now range between 4% and 9%.

Forgive me, but I'm going to show the graph ONE MORE TIME :lol:

RON
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Eye8Pussies » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:08 pm

interesting....but the graph tells us nothing that you haven't told us already.

can you post your safc adjustments? it sounds like your car may be an anomaly coming from factory or something since everybody else at 5.5 psi and stock injectors are all in the +20% range, and I know that I was maxed out at close to +30% range when I put down 255whp on a dynojet a couple years ago
HaHa

Ripped...and the girls are loving it. ;)
Eye8Pussies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby RON » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:47 pm

The adjustments made at the tune:
2K....+5% (A/F change 15.2 to 14.9)
3K.....+7% (16.2 to 14.5)
4K......+7% (15.5 to 13.6)
5K......+4% (14.4 to12.9)
6K.......0% (13.8 to 12.9)
The previous tune (7 yrs ago) left me at -5% at 5K. They said I was running RICH with the same set up :o ?? So the NET change here was+ 9% at 5k. Not sure if the original tune had other rpms corrected as well.

What I did since was to ADD another 2% at 4k and 5K (+9% and +6%) and changed the 6K from 0 to +4%. All this based on the chart..not an actual re-tune. I'm thinking of adding another 2% at 3K as well. Look at my chart and tell me what you think (that's why I posted it *here* for easy reference).
As far as higher settings of 20%. Wow. The only thing I can say is that they may have been shooting for 11.5-12.0 A/Fs? I assume it takes larger changes to move the A/F as you get to the lower ratios? I'm shooting for 12.3-13.0 area
RON
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby RON » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:54 pm

Eye8Pussies wrote:everybody else at 5.5 psi and stock injectors are all in the +20% range, and I know that I was maxed out at close to +30% range when I put down 255whp on a dynojet a couple years ago

I understand you had an earlier Camry?. If so, would that be a factor in higher corrections required...ECU difference and size of injectors/MAF used?? Just a thought.
RON
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Previous

Return to Forced Induction