[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Oh the S**T I have to make for my friends.....
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Oh the S**T I have to make for my friends.....

Postby jetbtkng » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:58 pm

well i dont see any of you guys out there whooping some expensive car asss, until you go to a track and do the mods ive done you dont know what my car will beat, i havent seen one single person here beat up a porsce, let alone an nsx, evo, s2000, and many more, so when trying to compare my car with others you havent a clue as to what my car can whoop on, and ron i dont have the air fuel, i lost it, and knock sensors are useless with the way my car is set up, by the time it blows one my engine will be damaged, im still running the stock sensors in the stock location, its just the fuel i run that keeps my >>I'm a douche<< from blowing up........................ :drinking:
jetbtkng
solaraguy idiot racing team

Postby CamryOnBronze » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:09 pm

Oh, maybe at a track day. That is all about the driver and how hard they want to push their cars. On the whole, most people with super expensive cars like Porsches don't push them very hard at track days. It doesn't surprise me that a solara with modified suspension and a good driver could beat one at the track.

I thought you meant at the strip or on the freeway, in which case I was going to be rolling around the office laughing. And yes, when it comes to drag strip times, I have a very good idea of what your car can do- unless it has a flux capacitor I don't know about or something. :lol:

Let's keep it to the topic at hand here, not who has the biggest e-balls on the track (like every thread in the gen 1 section turns into these days.)
94 Camry: Beater
99 Solara: S/C & Totaled (RIP)
93 240SX: SR20DET
CamryOnBronze
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby akora12 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:14 pm

Anyone else have a different KS relocation that they'd like to post up?
2000 Solara SEV6 5-speed S/C - Dismantled and sold :(
akora12
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby RON » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:32 pm

jetbtkng wrote:well i dont see any of you guys out there whooping some expensive car asss, until you go to a track and do the mods ive done you dont know what my car will beat, i havent seen one single person here beat up a porsce, let alone an nsx, evo, s2000, and many more, so when trying to compare my car with others you havent a clue as to what my car can whoop on, and ron i dont have the air fuel, i lost it, and knock sensors are useless with the way my car is set up, by the time it blows one my engine will be damaged, im still running the stock sensors in the stock location, its just the fuel i run that keeps my >>I'm a douche<< from blowing up........................ :drinking:

As you are aware..I raced a Porsche (944 T) on the track..many tracks in fact. This car can be set up (mine is) to run a track..but it will never be a Porsche, being FWD. Having said that...it's a fun car to drive and it's quick. I'm happy with it the way it is. Damn Frank...I would have liked to have seen those A/Fs on your car...does he store the data?

Ron
RON
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby jetbtkng » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:48 pm

well i know its not a porsce, but as long as i can keep up with them, then im happy, you should see the looks i get when i pull off the track, its funny, he might ron, i dont know, dont worry about it, if you havent blown it up yet, then it wont, i would if i was you put bigger injectors in though and fuel pump..................... :drinking:
jetbtkng

Postby RON » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:44 pm

jetbtkng wrote:well i know its not a porsce, but as long as i can keep up with them, then im happy, you should see the looks i get when i pull off the track, its funny, he might ron, i dont know, dont worry about it, if you havent blown it up yet, then it wont, i would if i was you put bigger injectors in though and fuel pump..................... :drinking:

Ok...as far as fuel mods...well the *A/F deal* is my whole point! According to Church...using his .7-1.0 correction factor for wide band @ tail pipe, my A/F is really in the low 12 range (if it was taken pre- cat as most cars are). Even if I don't take that into account, my A/F was pretty damn good..between 12-13 at the higher RPMS. Yeah..one guy is screaming...LEAN :o ...well, it's NOT! At my boost, there's really NO REASON to add more fuel mods. He added only around 4-7% (with AFC) to get where I am now. There is still more room to add with the safc without fuel mods if I need to...but doing that won't add more power, given my A/F now.

For those going to LARGER INJECTORS..they will definitely NEED TO TRIM back with the AFC! As far as the pump..ok, can't hurt...but I don't need that either.
RON
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Eye8Pussies » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:47 am

lots of dumb luck on 6psi and stock sensors in stock location damon haha

and yeah...my solara blew one sensor on stock 4psi of boost, and my 94 camry has knock sensor problems from the factory- I gained 18whp from relocating my knock sensors on my car BEFORE boost

as for how I have no idea what you've done to your car- what did you do? put in an aluminum frame on the car and lose 1000lbs on it? I beat up on rsx's preludes and is350, and even an m5 at the track on my automatic, 4psi, lightly modded solara. But I'm sure as hell not going to claim that that car can beat any of those cars, since I know that with a good driver, ANY of those cars can beat my (sister's) solara. My car- a different story though.

and Ron - I have to agree with you on this one about your his afrs- your afrs look pretty good with no fuel mods. I try to run 12.5 across the band for max power as well. Not too sure how your car did it though- must be an anomaly. I've seen a number of of our cars at 5.5 psi running lean at the top with jim's fuel mod as well as a pump.

and I had forgotten as well...you said that you tapped the side of your block to relocate your knock sensors right? where was it again?

I'm personally not a big fan of the plate at the front or side of the front valve cover, but for most people, that's what it takes to work as well (i.e. asg14 tried to place his where mine is and his ecu didn't like teh readings)
HaHa

Ripped...and the girls are loving it. ;)
Eye8Pussies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Eye8Pussies » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:48 am

and yes...with the larger injectors, even at 7psi, I have to trim about 20-30% once I'm in open loop
HaHa

Eye8Pussies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby RON » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:52 am

Eye8Pussies wrote:and Ron - I have to agree with you on this one about your his afrs- your afrs look pretty good with no fuel mods. I try to run 12.5 across the band for max power as well. Not too sure how your car did it though- must be an anomaly. I've seen a number of of our cars at 5.5 psi running lean at the top with jim's fuel mod as well as a pump.

and I had forgotten as well...you said that you tapped the side of your block to relocate your knock sensors right? where was it again?

I'm personally not a big fan of the plate at the front or side of the front valve cover, but for most people, that's what it takes to work as well (i.e. asg14 tried to place his where mine is and his ecu didn't like teh readings)

I did it with the SAFC. I was REAL LEAN before enrichment. Take another look at the A/F chart..the TOP line :o .I'm gonna add a tad more fuel in the 4000-5000 range to bring the A/F into the low 13/high 12 range. I have the A/F chart as guide, but I won't be checking the actual #s with a tune anytime soon.
Not sure if you were asking about my the KS location. I didn't tap any wholes....they're already right there! GREG (*TRDGREG*) made the custom aluminum block to fit there tapped with the right size for the sensor.
RON
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby jetbtkng » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:03 pm

CamryOnBronze wrote:Oh, maybe at a track day. That is all about the driver and how hard they want to push their cars. On the whole, most people with super expensive cars like Porsches don't push them very hard at track days. It doesn't surprise me that a solara with modified suspension and a good driver could beat one at the track.

I thought you meant at the strip or on the freeway, in which case I was going to be rolling around the office laughing. And yes, when it comes to drag strip times, I have a very good idea of what your car can do- unless it has a flux capacitor I don't know about or something. :lol:

Let's keep it to the topic at hand here, not who has the biggest e-balls on the track (like every thread in the gen 1 section turns into these days.)
well if this guy wasnt pushing hard i'd like to know what you call it, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pLigAQIFzw , and this is how fast i cought up with the rest of them, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-v4MmXFc6k , i'll put my car up against anyone on this site, period
jetbtkng

Postby RON » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:23 pm

Boy, does that bring back memmories. Looks like there are a couple more chicanes on the track now, I used to take the back straight FLAT out into turn 8 and it was 115 in that turn..with a tap on the breaks going into 9.
Nice lines Frank...very smooth. I have to say though ,that the cars there are not going that *fast* and look like *weekend warriors*. The guys in the Porsche club would be a VERY DIFFERENT experience for you :wink:

Anyways...nice Video ..very nice indeed. Thanks!
RON
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby jetbtkng » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:03 am

well what do you think i am ron, a pro, im just like all the other idiots out there, running the >>I'm a douche<< out of my car, if i owned a vet or a posce then you would see some serious whoooop assss,..................... :drinking:
jetbtkng

Postby GreeKAvaLoN » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:22 am

lol @ comparing 5k-9k solaras to porsches.. come on guys, the price you put into to just buy the porsche you could probably get away with like doing a complete 3mz hybrid + an m90 kit off gabe..

back on topic: so what is the best spot for the knock sensor? akora's spot or the front? anywhere else? If i blow mine i'd like to relocate it somewhere but still want it functional
are avalons supposed to be this fast?
GreeKAvaLoN
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Eye8Pussies » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:59 am

RON wrote:
Eye8Pussies wrote:and Ron - I have to agree with you on this one about your his afrs- your afrs look pretty good with no fuel mods. I try to run 12.5 across the band for max power as well. Not too sure how your car did it though- must be an anomaly. I've seen a number of of our cars at 5.5 psi running lean at the top with jim's fuel mod as well as a pump.

I did it with the SAFC. I was REAL LEAN before enrichment. Take another look at the A/F chart..the TOP line :o .I'm gonna add a tad more fuel in the 4000-5000 range to bring the A/F into the low 13/high 12 range. I have the A/F chart as guide, but I won't be checking the actual #s with a tune anytime soon.
Not sure if you were asking about my the KS location. I didn't tap any wholes....they're already right there! GREG (*TRDGREG*) made the custom aluminum block to fit there tapped with the right size for the sensor.

ah, I had thought you said that you tapped an existing hold on the block somewhere for the knock sensor relocation...I could have sworn somebody did that before...because that would be the most effective way to keep their functionality- if you just did the block of aluminum on the front or side of the valve cover, then that's a different story

again, I know that it works- I'm just not a big fan. I had tony make me up two of those blocks/plates back in the day. never ended up using them.

as for adding fuel up top- depending on what your %'s are already up there, adding on the safcII does not mean you're going to get more fuel. you've pretty much maxed out your fuel system at this point already.

If you add more fuel and feel the car start stuttering or running weird, scale it back to what they had set it on the dyno and then reset the ecu. Our ecus don't like adjustments of much more than 30%, and I'm guessing that your settings are probably pretty close to that already.
HaHa

Eye8Pussies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Eye8Pussies » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:00 pm

jetbtkng wrote:
CamryOnBronze wrote:Oh, maybe at a track day. That is all about the driver and how hard they want to push their cars. On the whole, most people with super expensive cars like Porsches don't push them very hard at track days. It doesn't surprise me that a solara with modified suspension and a good driver could beat one at the track.

well if this guy wasnt pushing hard i'd like to know what you call it, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pLigAQIFzw , and this is how fast i cought up with the rest of them, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-v4MmXFc6k , i'll put my car up against anyone on this site, period

yup...and it doesn't make your car any better than any of ours. it'd just mean that you're a better driver. that dude was pushing hard, but taking the wrong lines. makes him a bad/okay driver.

from seeing your vids, no argument that you're a pretty good driver. doesn't make your car (or our cars) a super car though :drinking:
HaHa

Eye8Pussies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

PreviousNext

Return to Forced Induction