[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - *Update* Boosted to 6psi, Need Guidance
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

*Update* Boosted to 6psi, Need Guidance

Postby SpeedySolara » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:34 am

Now who do I listen to? lol I'll take a little advice from all and see how my car likes the treatment.
[size=150][b]Get your Big Brake Kit today:[/b][/size]
http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=48573
SpeedySolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby JavaJoe_2 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:54 am

Question??
If, he never enters into open loop, won't the ecu just pull a sh*tload from the injectors? It will always trying to be at 14.7 in closed loop, so even if it can't pull everything the worst it would be is maybe 12.5???
I remember someone saying they were running at 10.0 for a while. It's probably not great for it but ok to get to the dyno.
It wouldn't hurt to set it at -10 across the board either.
Do you have an a/f gauge hooked up?
Both would be fine to get you were you need to be.
Got Boost?? :sweet:
JavaJoe_2
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Eye8Pussies » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:12 pm

no need to mess with your low throttle settings as the safc/neo will extrapolate in relation to your high settings

and start by pulling about 20% from your high settings across the board from 3500rpm+

you CANNOT drive in open loop with untuned 330cc injectors.

(JavaJoe_2- it was probably me that said my wideband showed 10- which is as low as it will read, but it was definitely richer than that)

you will run AFRs in the 8s and 9s, which means that your car will BOG and you will go like stock- to the point where it's rather dangerous to drive really- it's like hitting a brick wall....you'll pull while in closed loop...and then suddenly slow down dramatically once you hit open loop.

and in addition, what gabe said- you'll ruin your plugs and your o2 sensors will die a dirty dirty, fuel soaked death as well

if you are sure that you can keep your car in closed loop all the way to the shop though, you'll be good. but knowing where you live and where you're going with highways, short onramps and lots of hills...I wouldn't recommend it. You're guaranteed to hit open loop and get screwed with a truck ramming up your ass.
HaHa

Ripped...and the girls are loving it. ;)
Eye8Pussies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby SpeedySolara » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:23 pm

Update: On my way home I drove really slow and fortunately for me (and others) there was no one on the road so I wasn't slowing anyone else down. I was mainly at 2500rpm the whole way through with the exception of one time I went to about 3200rpm (at most) at a steep hill with a stop sign.

I had my NEO settings at -15 since it seemed to respond better. The CEL did come on though so I'll get it read and give you guys an update.
SpeedySolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby 99BlackSandv6 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:59 pm

I don't know for sure, but I think some of you may be misusing the terms open-loop, and closed-loop.
When the car starts it runs in open loop, meaning that the ecu ignores O2 sensor readings entirely and runs the engine according to hard-set programing. Once the car reaches temp. the car begins to run in closed-loop which means the fuel is controlled according to the signal received at the ecu from the O2 sensors. So when the car starts it is in OPEN-loop and then turns to CLOSED-loop operation once the car reaches operating temperature. Just for clarification. :D
Trust me, I'm a technician.
99BlackSandv6
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Eye8Pussies » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:30 pm

just for CLARIFICATION...a car does NOT start in open-loop, although it does richen the air/fuel mixture according to readings from the coolant temp (colder=richer)

OPEN-LOOP is a set point in the ecu calculated between throttle position and load where the ecu thinks that the driver wants performance and is pushing the car, and as such, starts dumping fuel to get safe performance regardless of o2 sensor

CLOSED-LOOP is used during regular driving when the ecu uses readings from the o2 sensors to give maximum gas mileage and for low emissions (stoich afr=14.7)

by the way, what is hard-set programming? please do more research before giving wrong information.
HaHa

Eye8Pussies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby SpeedySolara » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:32 am

I got he CEL read and it was P0136 which is an O2 sensor circuit malfunction in bank 1, sensor 1. I reset it so hopefully it didn't choke up on the extra gas. If the CEL lights up again on my way to the dyno tune, is this something i should be worried about?
SpeedySolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby akora12 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:58 am

You'll be fine. If you're throwing just the one code, it's probably a bad sensor. Just clear it before you dyno and fix it when you get home.
2000 Solara SEV6 5-speed S/C - Dismantled and sold :(
akora12
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby SpeedySolara » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:29 am

I drove my 5 speed today to my job and back home. I'm happy to say that the CEL hasn't come on as of yet and my dual exhaust was completed today.
SpeedySolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby RON » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:26 pm

Eye8Pussies wrote:just for CLARIFICATION...a car does NOT start in open-loop, although it does richen the air/fuel mixture according to readings from the coolant temp (colder=richer)

OPEN-LOOP is a set point in the ecu calculated between throttle position and load where the ecu thinks that the driver wants performance and is pushing the car, and as such, starts dumping fuel to get safe performance regardless of o2 sensor

CLOSED-LOOP is used during regular driving when the ecu uses readings from the o2 sensors to give maximum gas mileage and for low emissions (stoich afr=14.7)

by the way, what is hard-set programming? please do more research before giving wrong information.

UHHH..better read this :wink:

http://www.nitrod.com/articles/FuelSystemTA.pdf

Closed-Loop Operation
The Fuel System has two main modes of operation, Open- and Closed-loop
operation. Under Closed-loop operation, the ECM works to maintain the A/F at
its ideal value for minimal emissions and maximum efficiency. The term “Closedloop”
implies that the Oxygen sensors are used to monitor the oxygen content in
the exhaust and that the data is used as feedback for the ECM. The ECM uses the
data from the Oxygen sensors to bring any corrections to the Air-Fuel mixture.
The basic block diagram of the Closed-loop system is shown in Figure 1.

Open-Loop Operation
Under Open-loop operation, the ECM does not work to maintain the ideal A/F.
For this mode of operation, the ECM uses a fuel table located in its memory as
well as other sensors to determine the amount of fuel required for each cycle. The
Oxygen sensors are not used in the fuel calculations for this mode of operation.
The system may be in Open-loop mode: at start-up, when the oxygen sensors are
not in their operating temperature range (cold), when the vehicle is accelerating
(A/F for maximum power), when it is decelerating, under heavy loads, at wideopen
throttle or when an Oxygen sensor is malfunctioning. The basic block
diagram of the Open-loop system is shown in Figure 2.
RON
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Eye8Pussies » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:37 am

^ ah my bad about the hard-set programming part

but as an edit to my own post then....there are different types of open-loop operation, and the only one that we are concerned with are the WOT and acceleration/load, which is mostly indistinguishable on our ecus

decceleration (taking of a lot of fuel for fuel efficiency) and start-up (running rich to compensate for potential rest factors- coolant temp, o2 sensor temps, etc.) are definitely not used in the same context as the other two
HaHa

Eye8Pussies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby RON » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:20 pm

Eye8Pussies wrote:^ ah my bad about the hard-set programming part

but as an edit to my own post then....there are different types of open-loop operation, and the only one that we are concerned with are the WOT and acceleration/load, which is mostly indistinguishable on our ecus

decceleration (taking of a lot of fuel for fuel efficiency) and start-up (running rich to compensate for potential rest factors- coolant temp, o2 sensor temps, etc.) are definitely not used in the same context as the other two

Yeah..basically *Closed loop* is whenever the O2 sensor is the only (primary at least) input utilized in order to maintain 14.7 stoch. Any time stoch (*ideal*) is not the immediate goal (when cold..at WOT..etc), then it's Open Loop where several sensor inputs contribute (temp MAF knock etc) and MAPS are utilized for regulation of fuel and timing.
RON
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: *Update* Boosted to 6psi, Need Guidance

Postby amabsolute » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:00 am

bump
IMG]http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq306/amabsolute1/crap-1.jpg[/IMG]
amabsolute
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Previous

Return to Forced Induction