[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Boost gauge install info
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Boost gauge install info

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:52 pm

never mind got mine on already, looks just like yours ron and mounted almost in the same place
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby 20SoLaRa02 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:21 pm

Ron - Double check that when you motor rocks when the throttle is opened that the fitting does not hit the strut bar. I think i remember mine barely clearning the strut bar but i know when the motor rocked it would hit it. but yours does seem to clear more than mine did, so your probably ok.

Just thought you might want to double check that :).

-Michael
20SoLaRa02
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SirThomas8 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:05 am

808Camry wrote:Thanks for the website link. BTW have you or anyone noticed more noise (not the rubbing sound but more SC chatter) since the boost gauge install during vacuum at idle or low throttle? My SC's been super load after I put in the gauge, could it mean I have a leak or is this normal?

Could it be part of the boost gauge line that is vibrating against something in the engine bay?
-SirThomas88 on ToyotaNation.com
www.cardomain.com/id/SirThomas88
SirThomas8
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 808Camry » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:44 pm

I took off the strut bar and drove it around, no noise. So it was the fitting touching the strut bar as the motor moved. Didn't sound like a hitting sound but I guess vibrations cause weird noises. So I took the fititng off and am in the process of grinding it down with a Dremel.

Thanks guys. I guess I wasn't as lucky as Ron with the same fitting not touching the bar.
808Camry
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SirThomas8 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:36 pm

808Camry wrote:I took off the strut bar and drove it around, no noise. So it was the fitting touching the strut bar as the motor moved. Didn't sound like a hitting sound but I guess vibrations cause weird noises. So I took the fititng off and am in the process of grinding it down with a Dremel.

Thanks guys. I guess I wasn't as lucky as Ron with the same fitting not touching the bar.

Yeah my eBay generic strut tower bar hits something on/around my EGR when i start my engine or shift into reverse. i've kinda been pushing my luck by ignoring it but it has been rubbing the part down lol. Oh well. I've gotten away with it so far. We'll see what happens.
-SirThomas88 on ToyotaNation.com
www.cardomain.com/id/SirThomas88
SirThomas8
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Previous

Return to Forced Induction