[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Boost gauge install info
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Boost gauge install info

Boost gauge install info

Postby RON » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:37 pm

Did a search here so don't flame me :D ..couldn't come up with much.

I'm looking to finally install a boost gauge on my dash (on top). Could someone provide me with:

1) Fittings used for Boost port ( I assume it's some type of elbow fitting). I have strut bar so what was done to *deal*with that as well.
2) Access area into car for 1/8" tubing..how you got thru fire wall area..etc

Appreciate any input

TIA
Ron
Last edited by RON on Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RON
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby jetbtkng » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:40 pm

hey ron talk to gabe, hes selling the fittins for the boost lines............... :drinking:
jetbtkng
solaraguy idiot racing team
solaraguy idiot racing team

Postby RON » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:43 pm

Thanks..he's *TRD4LIFE*? I Pm'ed him. No response yet.

Don't need parts (that would be nice though) just info would do.
RON
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Dawgz » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:47 pm

Hey ron, there is a plastic grommet right near the master cylinder side of the firewall. You can see other wires are fed thru that grommet, u can throw ur line thru there and it will come up near ur pedals. And then you can route it to watever place u want it inside the car, thats how i did mine.
--=Black on Black=-- (Sold)
Dawgz
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby RON » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:57 pm

SWEET! That's perfect.

Thanks DAWGZ!
RON
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Tubing

Postby RON » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:17 am

Has anyone run the tubing from the steering shaft boot (punch a whole there) through the firewall? I plan on doing that. Any inputs welcome.

Ron
RON
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Eye8Pussies » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:28 am

yeah, I've run a number of things through that boot after punching a hole since I filled up all my grommets at the firewall and also through my fender....been a large number of years and no problems.
HaHa

Ripped...and the girls are loving it. ;)
Eye8Pussies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Boost port fitting

Postby RON » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:51 am

For future reference...found this PERFECT 90 Degree compression fitting to go on SC. Here is link to all fittings:
http://www.dieselmanor.com/dm_products/fittings.asp

Pic:

Compression Tube Fitting - Male Right Angle
1/8" Tube OD. x 1/8"NPT Male 90 degree elbowPart #: FTG-CTRA18M

Here is pic of fitting for the gauge itself:

Compression Tube Fitting - Female
1/8" Tube OD. x 1/8"NPT Female - Replacement part for pressure tubing on mechanical pressure gaugesPart #: FTG-CT18F

This would make a good *sticky*. Can't find specific info here.
RON
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby krook » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:52 pm

that 90 degree fitting can also be found at Home Depot if you're anxious like i was and couldn't wait for shipping.
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby RON » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:28 pm

krook wrote:that 90 degree fitting can also be found at Home Depot if you're anxious like i was and couldn't wait for shipping.

Yeah..but I haven't received the gauge yet either. Still pondering over how I'll feed the line through....looks like steering column boot so far.
RON
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Installed and SC fitting clears TRD Strut bar!

Postby RON » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:25 pm

Yep, the fitting I showed in this thread earlier will CLEAR the bar by several MM :D . I didn't have to *grind* or add washers. For those with washers on, you may want to get this fitting now. Washers prevent the base of the mounts on the strut towers from making FULL contact all the way around.

Here is the info again :

For future reference...found this PERFECT 90 Degree compression fitting to go on SC. Here is link to all fittings:
http://www.dieselmanor.com/dm_products/fittings.asp

Compression Tube Fitting - Male Right Angle
1/8" Tube OD. x 1/8"NPT Male 90 degree elbowPart #: FTG-CTRA18M

Installed:

BTW..I see a *tad* above 5.0 on the gauge ( I have 5.5 Pulley). It's VDO 0-15 PSI in 1 Lb steps..gauge might be off a smidge or maybe that's all I'm making. Here is gauge installed...just kept it *simple* for now with straight dash mount and no wire up. Still looks *OK* though.

RON
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 808Camry » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:17 pm

Thanks for the website link. BTW have you or anyone noticed more noise (not the rubbing sound but more SC chatter) since the boost gauge install during vacuum at idle or low throttle? My SC's been super load after I put in the gauge, could it mean I have a leak or is this normal?
808Camry
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby EricSol » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:48 pm

When Jose and I where developing the headers I "lost" a full pound of boost with the headers. I suppose if you where to stuff a potatoe in the tailpipe you could "gain" 2lbs or so, hehe

All kidding aside, boost is relative to intake/exhaust mods. While on my gauge I lost a pound I picked up 30 whp
2004 Pontiac GTO 408ci 535 whp all motor
1999 Solara 296 whp
EricSol
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Driver2g » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:59 pm

You should look for a TRD boost guage off the takoma's. They fit the pillar pretty well. I started with the same kind of gauge you've got. Then found the trd one. Gives it a cleaner look.
02 Solara 2az-fe TURBO!!!
trd lower springs
short shifter
rear brake conversion
TRD muffler
Driver2g
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:04 pm

hey ron any pics of exactly where you ran it into the firewall?
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Next

Return to Forced Induction