[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - P0171 after boost, need advice.
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

P0171 after boost, need advice.

Postby atclate » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:13 am

Okay, I've installed my stock airbox back, and slapped on a K&N filter. I like the car much better than the stock air filter =], even the injen. It's quieter.

Anyways, I'm still experiencing the clicking noise at idle. I think it's one of the pulleys hitting on the idler plate, because when I pull the plate towards me when I'm standing by the passenger side fender, the noise goes away, and when I push it towards the engine, it gets worse. I will try to see if I could resolve it by tightening some bolts or something.
For sale: Injen SRI, Randy's CAI extension, TRD Supercharger, TRD RSB, Jim's Torque Rod, 2003 Solara SLE with TRD Body Kit
atclate
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby RON » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:54 pm

atclate wrote:Okay, I've installed my stock airbox back, and slapped on a K&N filter. I like the car much better than the stock air filter =], even the injen. It's quieter.

Anyways, I'm still experiencing the clicking noise at idle. I think it's one of the pulleys hitting on the idler plate, because when I pull the plate towards me when I'm standing by the passenger side fender, the noise goes away, and when I push it towards the engine, it gets worse. I will try to see if I could resolve it by tightening some bolts or something.

Wow...and I was just going to post a thread on the idler pully replacements. I'm still going to, so see that thread. You might have a bad bearing in the pulley and may have to replace it. You can get them from Amazon (Dayco brand). PM me if you want P/Ns.
RON
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Previous

Return to Forced Induction