[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Ugh, TRD SC I was shipping to Australia....well, not now...
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Ugh, TRD SC I was shipping to Australia....well, not now...

Ugh, TRD SC I was shipping to Australia....well, not now...

Postby ASG14 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:52 pm

Well, Gabe (TRD4Life) sold a TRD SuperCharger to a guy in Austrailia I know. And I am doign the shipping as I know internation shipping and customs.

Long story shory. Gabe had the SC opened 100 miles ago, and everything was perfect. I just opened it up before I was goign to pack it, to make sure again it was fine......somehow, that 100 miles, it seems like something got into the SC unit. The teflon on the rotors started to come off in chunks, and there is some grooving on the walls.

Needless to say, Gabe and I talked and it will either be rebuilt before it;s mailed off, or Gabe will send another one that's perfect. Thank God we figured this out before it was shipped to my friend. :disappoin

It will be perfect after the rebuild though.

ASG14
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby LEE337 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:18 pm

Dam dude that sucks. :(
Could this have been prevented?
Or is this just one of those things that sometimes happens?
Texas SolaraGuy Meet
LEE337
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ASG14 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:32 pm

I think something went into it, and neither Gabe or I know what......It;s just one of those things
ASG14
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby akora12 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:31 pm

Dayum that went quick.

If it helps, I have a local eaton rebuilder that will do the job for $400 in a one-day turn around time.
2000 Solara SEV6 5-speed S/C - Dismantled and sold :(
akora12
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ASG14 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:39 pm

^ Thanks Akora. :) Gabe has a local guy too. But $400, that IS a damn good price. :)
ASG14
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby TxBmbleBee » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:45 am

that looks like a job for pse. cool stuff glad yal got that figured out.
"i just wanna go fast..."
TxBmbleBee
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby JvR » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:56 pm

Wow, that looks bad. :o
When i opened my S/C it not even looks close to this.

I think heat was the problem.

1mm expansion of the "axle"/rotor (in the length) will causing the rotors hitting the housing and the stress pushing the rotors against each other. So then a piece will break of and will damage the rest.(that is what you see)

I put a thin gasket between the housing so the rotors will have more space to expand...i think i lost some psi (i did not notice)...but a smaller pulley will solve this. :wink:

Adam good luck with the rebuild, it's real fun...... if you have the time.
Last edited by JvR on Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JvR
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Gibson99 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:54 am

i'm curious... since they're RHD in oz, how much clearance is there between the s/c pulley and the brake master cylinder, booster and reservoir?
Gibson99
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ASG14 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:35 am

^ Thats the ONLY issue. It has to be relocated making a hybrid Master Cyl between the OEM one and one from a truck. Basically you use the base from the the camry and have to use a different remote mounted resevoir. Then it fits fine.

ASG14
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby STYLSH » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:11 am

Hey thats my car! You also have to rebend one of the hard brake lines as it touches the belt in stock position.

Where that pulley is sitting in that pic, is where the stock reserviour and the master cylinder sat!
STYLSH
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Forced Induction