[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - stock injectors + higher boost
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

stock injectors + higher boost

stock injectors + higher boost

Postby Dawgz » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:10 pm

I was under the impression for a while that the stock injectors were somewhat sufficient enough for 5.5 psi. This is not the case, atleast from my experience.

The power graph on the 5.5psi + stock injectors pulled (however very lean up top after 5800rpm), but you could see that the power graph was sketchy, not smooth, almost like the ecu was pulling timing very slightly.

What I think now is that if you are anywhere near 5psi or above, you should definitly upgrade to bigger injectors (Supra NON turbo or similar).
--=Black on Black=-- (Sold)
Dawgz
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby JvR » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:22 pm

maybe a stupid question: Was the test with the fuel line and pomp upgrade. (i mean the situation before the injector upgrade)
JvR
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Eye8Pussies » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:25 pm

yuppers....I've said this time and time again....you can run some decent numbers, including decent afrs with the stock injectors, but you will yield better numbers and more safety with bigger injectors even at 5.5psi

just because your afrs are doing okay at the top end, it doesn't mean that there isn't still knock and that it's timing that's retarding and not additional fuel that is keeping the afrs within a safe zone
HaHa

Ripped...and the girls are loving it. ;)
Eye8Pussies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Dawgz » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:43 pm

JvR wrote:maybe a stupid question: Was the test with the fuel line and pomp upgrade. (i mean the situation before the injector upgrade)

yes, and you can forget about doing anything above 4psi with out the fuel pump upgrade.
--=Black on Black=-- (Sold)
Dawgz

Return to Forced Induction