[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 5.5psi on 91pump yes or no.
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

5.5psi on 91pump yes or no.

Postby jetbtkng » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:00 pm

here it is in a nutshell, with 5.5 psi pully, and our 10.5-1 compression, will result in about 14-1 compression with 5.5 pully, Final compression ratios above 12.4 to 1 are not recommended for use with "premium pump gasoline." The higher the final compression ratio the higher the octane rating of the gasoline must be in order to help prevent detonation and serious engine damage. everyone can go back & forth about it, but this is the facts, anyway you slice it, it is what it is............. :drinking:
jetbtkng
solaraguy idiot racing team

Postby crispone » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:43 pm

jetbtkng wrote:here it is in a nutshell, with 5.5 psi pully, and our 10.5-1 compression, will result in about 14-1 compression with 5.5 pully, Final compression ratios above 12.4 to 1 are not recommended for use with "premium pump gasoline." The higher the final compression ratio the higher the octane rating of the gasoline must be in order to help prevent detonation and serious engine damage. everyone can go back & forth about it, but this is the facts, anyway you slice it, it is what it is............. :drinking:

The FRANKENATOR has spoken. :drinking:

...long live the FRANKENATOR... and your motor, if you are astute enough to heed his wise words...

-crisp :evilbat:
Last edited by crispone on Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby sarki » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:50 pm

Hay Crispone, I think you took my comment "what the hell did you just say to me" too seriously. It was a joke cuz your very technical and detailed. Well I got my pulley today and with all the info I've been getting, I'm gonna put it around my neck like flava flav.
6psi // 291tq // 268whp // Auto
Who wants to buy it?
sarki
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby crispone » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:35 pm

sarki wrote:Hay Crispone, I think you took my comment "what the hell did you just say to me" too seriously. It was a joke cuz your very technical and detailed. Well I got my pulley today and with all the info I've been getting, I'm gonna put it around my neck like flava flav.

No I didn't. I'm still salting this thread with my rhyme-o-rama mello-drama-persona-of-panache like the crispflav-o-flav that I am, aren't I?

...I'm your best friend.

We be BROTHERS!

P-E-A-C-E

-crisp :evilbat: :drinking:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby sarki » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:57 pm

My brotha from anotha motha Crisp. IV decided to Dyno tune the car with the pulley I have on it for now. When I can throw some money towards a split second, ill put on the 5.5psi pulley.
Who wants to buy it?
sarki
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby crispone » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:49 pm

:drinking:

-crisp :evilbat:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby crispone » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:50 pm

sarki wrote:My brotha from anotha motha Crisp. IV decided to Dyno tune the car with the pulley I have on it for now. When I can throw some money towards a split second, ill put on the 5.5psi pulley.

:party:

-crisp :evilbat: :drinking:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby bbq bob » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:41 pm

i blew my stock knock sensers on 93.5 octane with a safc and a tune. i'm now running 94.2 and a relocation gm senser mod and havn't had an inssue so far . the 93.5 would not work with my setup .
330 whp , 331 ft. lbs. torque Camry , Track driven , Race proven , lots of mods.Image
bbq bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby sarki » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:38 pm

^^ I hear ya Bob. From what ive gathered, I need a Split Second to pull timing for 91 octane. I'll have to save up.........again. :( sux

Let me ask you guys this, What should i expect to see at the wheels with the pulley i have on the care now. Its suppose to be like a 4.5psi. Correct me if im wrong Frank.
Who wants to buy it?
sarki
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 99BlackSandv6 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:18 pm

4.5 is stock psi for the TRD charger. You should have about
240 at the crank, so I'd bet right around 215 at the wheels.
Of course I'm not even boosted, so I'm no expert. :(
Trust me, I'm a technician.
99BlackSandv6
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby jetbtkng » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:14 pm

id say between 20whp to 220whp, you do have an auto, so that sucks about 15% more hp than a stick, so its hard to say, bob had 196whp with his auto at 4psi stock headers & y pipe, but had a 2.5in exhaust, but he had a conservative tune also, so i dont know, when are you going to dyno, if you wait bbq bob is going in a few days, and i might be able to get you guys a discount, i asked shawn at churches about it the last time i was there, said he would hook us up................... :drinking:
jetbtkng

Postby sarki » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:29 pm

Hay Frank, I wont be going to the dyno any time soon. I'll need to figure out what im going to do with the car first (Mod wise) my exhaust is all stock so i'll probably wait till i get a cat back and Y pipe.
Who wants to buy it?
sarki
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:10 pm

well i talked to you on the phone loco.

just do what i did. you should be alright.
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby jetbtkng » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:29 pm

fergie your tuned to bbq bob's settings, its not the same, you also need to dyno your car, if you blow your car up, i want the sc back, lol, but im serious about the tuning............... :drinking:
jetbtkng

Postby Dawgz » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:11 am

U are auto? on the stock Pulley u should see 200-210whp. (DynoJet)

On a dynopack u will most likely see 220-225.
--=Black on Black=-- (Sold)
Dawgz
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

PreviousNext

Return to Forced Induction