[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 5.5psi on 91pump yes or no.
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

5.5psi on 91pump yes or no.

Postby jetbtkng » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:16 pm

im running the split second on my black lara, 94.2 octane, & meth, 304.5 hp, 301,7 tq, on 7psi, theres alot of guys here who have blown up there engines running 91-93 octane, including myself, ive run 6psi on 94.2 octane and never blew my stock knock sensor's, and i dont understand why everyone is still trying to figure this out, just run 94+ octane up to 6 psi, and all your booting problems will be solved, this isnt rocket science................. :drinking:
jetbtkng
solaraguy idiot racing team

Postby Slut » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:55 pm

Knocking, Octane, tuning... It still doesnt justify the weakness of the pistons and how thin the ring lands are... Ive cracked atleast 10+ pistons runnin the 5.5, just because i beat the every living sh!t out of it.. and when you get to redline youll probably be hitting about 8psi... You can have all the fuel mods in the world, like i do.... Still is gonna take the risk of cracking the ringlands if your hard on the car. Do yourselfs the favor like I did.. just have arias make ya up a set of forgy's :) Youll see how much fatter they place the rings apart from eachother. I kept the stock CR, just make sure u also do the rods if you plan on goin past 9 pounds ;)

If you do plan on doin the 5.5+ I'd check your oil cap everymonth... Once you start gettin blow by... Bye bye... I had one motor i cracked 5 of the 6 pistons... all different spots of the ringlands, and some rings.. Even with the all the cracks... Sure the compression wasnt great but still ran fine ;) Just started drinking my oil like its a 40. I even put two rods through each side of the block and still ran it on 4 cylinders into the shop :)
Slut
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby jetbtkng » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:20 pm

we know the the pistons are crap, thats y i had cp custom make me forged pistons for my 02 lara, but you can run a stock 3.0 with 6 psi with out any issues if its ran with 94+ octane, and a good tune, set to run a little rich, and i run the living >>I'm a douche<< out of my 2000 lara, with 160k miles on it, now im going to see how long it lasts running 7psi, octane is the main issue to keeping the engine from dying......................... :drinking:
jetbtkng

Postby ASG14 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:23 pm

HOLY FN CRAP!

I am either LUCKEY, or doing something right that no one else is. Pick one.

153k miles. Got the car at 60k. Have beat the crap out of the car, hit the rev limiter I dunno how many times. Hit redline every time I accelerate.

Have had the SC on for around 40k miles. Had it on a 1/3 mile oval, and drag strip. As well as 3 diff dyno's. Around 10k has been on 6PSI tuned, running a tad lean on the top, as it;s the stock injectors. Probably 2-3k miles on 6PSI, untuned, still beatign the crap out of the car. The rest was 4PSI untuned. Nothing but a 255 Walbro pump. I only run 91.

Now I know it's only a matter of time, but will someone tell me why my car has taken this abuse while others here have done 1/2 of the miles I have and blown thier engines?
ASG14
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Slut » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:26 pm

Couldnt tell ya... but I do have a question for ya... What weight oil you all runnin... You think a 15w50 weight is too thick for summer time (ny) with a lead foot? I got a stock motor in my solara now.. Came out of a camry, only have had the 4 pound pulley.. Tuned at 12.4... 93... Im afraid to put the 5.5 back on even with 93 and a 11.6 tune.... It just runs to great now I dont wanna start breakin it apart so soon... Once i finish my nissan deffinetly... I have one more question i know it has nothing to do with this but I figured ill get a quick responce... Is the interior carpet of a 97-01 camry the same as the solara's? I want a new carpet since I have just redid my entire interior black... Thanks guys.
Last edited by Slut on Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slut
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby jetbtkng » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:28 pm

because u were at 4psi, give it a little more time at 6psi the way u got it setup, but you know how work on these cars adam, so an engine rebuild or swap should be no prob................ :drinking:
jetbtkng

Postby jetbtkng » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:30 pm

i run 20-50 mobil 1 year round, that 5-30 is like water when its hot, & i live in so cal, so no real cold weather here.............. :drinking:
jetbtkng

Postby Slut » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:35 pm

thanks just wanted to know... Heres for you guys that wanna boost on stock parts heh..

tryin to find my 5.5psi broken stock ringland pics...
this isnt a toyota piston i cant find my old ones... but this is exactly what all your stock pistons will eventually look like when you pull them out and pick away the pieces of metal :)

8+psi arias pistons+stock broken rods
Slut
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby sarki » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:38 pm

Wow so many different story's. One guys running 6 psi no prob. The other guy screwed up 5 motors with less psi and higher octane etc etc. Interesting. give me more. Cant wait to see what happens to mine. :drinking:
6psi // 291tq // 268whp // Auto
Who wants to buy it?
sarki
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby sarki » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:45 pm

Slut wrote:thanks just wanted to know... Heres for you guys that wanna boost on stock parts heh..

tryin to find my 5.5psi broken stock ringland pics...
this isnt a toyota piston i cant find my old ones... but this is exactly what all your stock pistons will eventually look like when you pull them out and pick away the pieces of metal :)

8+psi arias pistons+stock broken rods

Damn not a pretty site. Those rods snapped in two spots!!! Thats crazy. Hay frank, How much where those pistons you ordered for your silver Lara?
6psi // 291tq // 268whp // Auto
Who wants to buy it?
sarki
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Slut » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:46 pm

Well thats why i asked what oil he was running... Who knows if the thicker oil helps protect the pistons a bit more top end... I dont see why it wouldnt.. If it wasnt such an amazing daily beater right now id throw the 5.5 back on in a second.. but im not lookin to watch it go down hill after a while.. Maybe it wont, maybe it will... Not made of money so right now i dont wanna find out... I rather get a lip kit ;)
Slut
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby jetbtkng » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:46 pm

im running stock rods on my 02 lara @ 8psi, cp forged pistons 9.5-1, now if you werent running 94+ octane with your 5.5 pully, then shts going to break, octane is the key, and a good tune, you cant run ANYTHING uder 94 octane and expect it to last when upping the boost,

2009 United Engine and Machine Company, Inc.

Features News Articles Calculators Downloads Installation Instructions Silv-O-Lite Installation KB Automotive Installation Claimer Installation KB Motorcycle Installation Icon Installation FHR Installation Contact Contact Sales and Orders Contact Techs Company Directory FINAL COMPRESSION RATIO CHART WHEN USING A SUPERCHARGER

go to there website & read it for yourself............... :drinking:
jetbtkng

Postby Slut » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:47 pm

Arias cost me i believe 160 a piston with rings.... But yea it snapped it two cause it went through the block duh :-P

http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php? ... sc&start=0
Slut
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Slut » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:49 pm

Theres only 93 octane here... ANDDDD my pistons are stock CR 10.5:1 forged arias... so 8psi on 10.5:1 is quitttteeeee a bit more compression then 9.5.... cmon we all know these rods are paper weights.
Slut
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby jetbtkng » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:50 pm

about $800, and i designed them, or told them how i wanted the ring lands.......... :drinking:
jetbtkng

PreviousNext

Return to Forced Induction