[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - p0174/p0171 code w/ charger and jim fuel mod
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

p0174/p0171 code w/ charger and jim fuel mod

p0174/p0171 code w/ charger and jim fuel mod

Postby trdkamuri51o » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:03 am

so a while back i picked up a charger for kraziepnoy831 and we installed it on the car, it was used along with everything else

mods include:

trd supercharger
TRD EBC (auto tranny)
Plug wires
ik22 spark plugs
5.5 psi pulley
walboro fuel pump
jims fuel mod
safc-2
upgraded spark plug wires
notable info:
- the safc 2 came out of a supercharged solara and was put right into another solara, so i guessed (and i still cant confirm) all original settings from car 1 were the same...
- the fuel pump was used from 2 other members here as i just found out today
- on start up the car will turn over excessively until the gas pedal is depressed

the car feels very hesitant and at WOT in first gear u can feel it actually retarding the timing.. and the car kinda does a gas cut off gas cut off.. thing... in second gear i notice it again at 2-4.5k or so doing the same thing like the fuel is being cut off and the motor is forcing itself outta acceleration... after all of this it will throw a CEL with those codes

P0171 / po174 - bank 1 and bank 2 are running lean

so my issue becons what is causing this.. ive narrowed it to two possible things, but dont have tons of money to throw at it..

either A: fuel pump is going bad or B: SAF-C has lost its fuel tune... hence its running ultra lean..

the car remains driveable in limp mode (cel) as long as u dont give it more than 60% throttle (per safc reading)

anyone like bbq bob, gabe or anyone else have any insight?? let me know if u need further info or even pm me to talk i wanna get this fixed...
need wheels? www.memoryfab.com - ask for david

-1JZ Bozo Camry = Cooler than Penguin crap in January on the face of Pluto.
trdkamuri51o
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby ASG14 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:15 am

Just because the cars have the same setup doesn't mean the settings are the same....

Hell, if one is a Cali emissions and the other is Fed, right there kills the tune.
ASG14
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Mr_Chunkz » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:39 am

when i unplugged my afc neo for a night, the tune reset to zero
also the sensor type reset... i believe our sensor type settings are "hot wire".

What youre going through sounds alot like the problem i had before
- Mr_Chunkz -
The Daily
Mr_Chunkz
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby jetbtkng » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:43 am

jeez, take it to a dyno shop, your going to blow up the engine running it lean, also u need to run at least 94 octane at 5.5 psi, go read the posts in forced induction, this is why newbs should only run 4 psi of boost..................... :drinking:
jetbtkng
solaraguy idiot racing team

Postby trdkamuri51o » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:27 am

ill tell u what. jtblk u find me 94 octane in norcal ill go get it...

as for newbs.. we charged this 3 years ago... and this problem seems to only have come apparent now..

ill have him run down for the dynotune this weekend and see if it solves the problem...

no matter where we go 91 octane is the max.. and it was a cali emissions car that the setup came from...

trdkamuri51o

Postby jetbtkng » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:46 am

well if you read the posts in forced induction, u would have seen where i tell EVERYONE how to make your own 94 octane, also there are gas stations that sell 100 octane in nor cal, and if you've been running 5.5 psi for 3 yrs, you might have already damaged the engine, all u need is xylene, marvel mystery oil, 2 gals xylene, 8 oz of mystery oil, & 14 gals of 91 octane = 94.2 octane, as for newbie, just because you been here for a long time, doesnt mean you know what your doing, im not being an mean, just stating what ive observed............. :drinking:
jetbtkng

Postby jetbtkng » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:48 am

also what exhaust are u running, and why is it in limp mode, did u blow a knock sensor............. :drinking:
jetbtkng

Postby trdkamuri51o » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:56 am

exhaust is a jic spartan stainless exhaust.. factory headers..

it goes into limp mode after WOT when the hesitation hits.. im trying to narrow the focus for u guys but it goes in automatically when it throws those codes.. i have the obdII reader hooked up constantly to reset the code if thrown..

after 4 tries it only happens at 75% or more throttle in first gear... i havent been pushing the car too much just in case..

like i said i truly think its the SAFC or the fuel pump

due to the slow startup (several cranks over 2 seconds) rather than 2-3 cranks and less than 1 second..

trdkamuri51o

Postby jetbtkng » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:12 pm

if the safc isnt set rite, it will not start very good, bbq bob had that issue, now that he dynoed it again its fine, he was an auto, but did a 5 speed swap, & it was not starting like it used to, go dyno it, and clean your maf, also could be dirty injectors.............. :drinking:
jetbtkng

Re: p0174/p0171 code w/ charger and jim fuel mod

Postby GreenSolara01 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:04 pm

po174 on NA some hessitation to start. code pops up evvry few weeks you guys think dirty injectors?
GreenSolara01
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: p0174/p0171 code w/ charger and jim fuel mod

Postby Akfahad » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:04 am

I had a similar experience a few years ago while I was at 6psi...turned out to be the SAFC (even tho it was tuned); called Apexi about it and they hadn't heard of the SAFC's going bad...but sure enough, disconnected it at the ECU and car livened up again. Replaced the SAFC with their newer Neo and car runs great. I'd try that first before you start ripping the back seats out and trouble shooting the pump.
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Forced Induction