[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Finally Building My Dream Turbo Solara
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Finally Building My Dream Turbo Solara

Re: Finally Building My Dream Turbo Solara

Postby PASolara » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:30 pm

I apologize for the delayed updates. I am sure many of you know that life sometimes gets on the way of these types of projects :roll: . What I have been working on since I had the car apart was motor mounts. Before the turbo I was getting a lot of wheel hop. I wanted to stop this before I break something.

So I decided to gut and fill three of the mounts pictured in the link below. I have one mount left which is the hydraulic passenger side front motor mount. I have a couple ideas for that I just need to test fit each of them to see what works the best.

http://picasaweb.google.com/109587030559646440437/MotorMounts
CAI, 3"Custom exhaust ,Ground Kit, Trd quick shifter,P&P 3 heads and intake, .flywheel, spec stage 3 clutch, LSD,RSB.ES control arm busings,spring+struts
PASolara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby NRDriver » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:44 am

thats gonna make for some hellacious vibrations. i'd love to know how she feels when your done with the mounts.
can you even get springs small enough to run 4-6 psi without cutting them. as far as ive seen, with a good tune you should be able to run 8 psi. correct me if im wrong anyone. turbo is not as volotile at 8 psi as a supercharger
00 Solara,SEV6,ASA JH8, hks ignition, JET chip, greddy evo,TSW short shifter,carbon dash,TRD kit, Weapon r SR w/ CA ext, DATSrpipe, TRD springs/struts
NRDriver
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby crispone » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:47 pm

NRDriver wrote:thats gonna make for some hellacious vibrations. i'd love to know how she feels when your done with the mounts.
can you even get springs small enough to run 4-6 psi without cutting them. as far as ive seen, with a good tune you should be able to run 8 psi. correct me if im wrong anyone. turbo is not as volotile at 8 psi as a supercharger

Hmmm... I'm curious as to what you mean by "turbo is not as volatile at 8 psi as a supercharger"... not sure what you mean by "volatile"? Is there a difference between 8psi of exhaust induced compression -vs- positive drive induced compression? Are you meaning harmonics relative "roots" type charger -vs- the free-spooling trim of a shared shaft compression/exhaust wheel?

Just curious to understand this concept better, as I'm not so familiar with supercharging as compared to turbocharging.

Thanks!

-crisp :evilbat:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby NRDriver » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:03 pm

i guess what i mean is a broad spectrum of crap. lol. i read ALOT on here. im just not a post whore. anyways, what ive seem to notice as the most abundant problem with supercharger at higher boost levels is the heat it radiates. that much heat makes for bad juju. in my quest to turbo my car ive seen plenty of cars handle 8 psi just fine for a year and more even without fuel or engine upgrades
00 Solara,SEV6,ASA JH8, hks ignition, JET chip, greddy evo,TSW short shifter,carbon dash,TRD kit, Weapon r SR w/ CA ext, DATSrpipe, TRD springs/struts
NRDriver
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Previous

Return to Forced Induction