[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Changing the SC pulley?
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Changing the SC pulley?

Changing the SC pulley?

Postby usoff89 » Fri May 28, 2010 9:11 pm

What is the best way to take off the stock TRD pulley? I've tried a couple things but no luck. Any tips, or tricks that are recomended?

Thanks
99 SuperCharged Lara
14.7@93 on 1/4mile (average)
Fastest run so far - 14.65@93
4.5psi
usoff89
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Changing the SC pulley?

Postby JavaJoe_2 » Sat May 29, 2010 7:19 pm

Many say they just hit it with an impact to spin off the nut.
I prefer a strap wrench to hold the pulley.
I think either would suffice.
Then, I just use a standard pulley puller.
Got Boost?? :sweet:
JavaJoe_2
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby usoff89 » Sat May 29, 2010 11:59 pm

Well, I didn't have either. So I took the old supercharger belt I had and used it to hold the pulley. It worked great! I now have the new 4.5psi pulley on it.
99 SuperCharged Lara
14.7@93 on 1/4mile (average)
Fastest run so far - 14.65@93
4.5psi
usoff89
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby bbq bob » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:19 pm

i had to heat it with a torch popped rite off.....
330 whp , 331 ft. lbs. torque Camry , Track driven , Race proven , lots of mods.Image
bbq bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:43 pm

Greg, Frank and I beat it with a 2x4 on the opposite side till it came off lol
Thats when i had the 4.5psi pulley.
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby hskrsolara » Sat May 21, 2011 2:15 pm

impact with a flexible joint is easiest to spin the nut off. I also used a Ridgid strap wrench to hold the pulley still (home depot brand, consensus best strap wrench on the plumbing forums :)).

The tough part is actually getting the pulley off of the keyed shaft. I went to Autozone and rented an A/C compressor pulley puller. It is a tight space, but eventually worked. Almost impossible to avoid scratching the pulley and engine bay, it's so damn cramped and pulley pullers are rarely small.
99 DWP SEV6 5spd 6.5psi+Meth, Tein+Tokico, EricSol+Brembos+EBC, OBX Headers+OBX 3" Exhaust, Supra MAF & 330cc, Spec 2+, Fidanza, TRD lip kit, Injen+Ext, Optima Red, Infinity 60.5+693.7i, 2 Kappa Perfect 12 VQ's+iPod+JVC DVD...etc
hskrsolara
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Return to Forced Induction