[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Went to the drag strip today (and new mods!)
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Went to the drag strip today (and new mods!)

Went to the drag strip today (and new mods!)

Postby SirThomas88 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:15 pm

I'm up in Maine right now visiting Gabe (trd4life). Friday we got a bunch of stuff done to my car. Then we went to the NOPI Hot Import Night at New England Dragway today (Saturday) where I took my Camry down the strip. I've got video of the event (including my drag runs) I'll try to upload the videos to YouTube soon (within a couple weeks).

Work we did on my car up in Maine this weekend:
1. Supra 330cc injectors
2. 5.5 PSI pulley
3. Snow Performance Meth install (175 nozzle)
4. Rear motor mount w/polyurethane bushing
5. 255 Walbro pump
6. ? something i'm forgetting

took it out and street tuned in later that night, only to find out the next day at the dragstrip that I forgot to plug in the wire harness to the back of the Meth Kit controller!!!! fack!

so Hot Import Nights was pretty bangin. It was my first time going to a dragstrip. Gabe brought his sexy Toyota Aristo with him for the show.

I took my Camry down the dragstrip a few times. the first run I sucked (naturally, being my first time) and I ran a 14.8 (not bad considering I let off the gas before the end). i also let off the brake before the green light came on.

second run went really well, I dialed in 14.5 and ran 14.56 car felt GREAT. It was a Bracket race and the Mustang I was paired up with had a nice delay that allowed the crowd in the stands to enjoy that beautiful loud S/C whine. According to a couple people, the crowd was clapping for my Camry. w00t!! i'm really happy with my 14.5s run. especially considering it was on my everyday street tires (Yokohama) and with a facked up street tune on a hot day (138 degrees F intake temp)

Twice walking around the show I heard random individuals talking about "that badass Camry" they saw :D

third run I was up against a 90's Camaro. I did a really hard pull and got a great early lead on the Camaro. it eventually caught up to me but somehow I kept with it for a good amount of time (i was looking at it wondering why it was still next to mine haha). unfortunately due to my amateur wiring, I blew a fuse right in the middle of the race, and my car went completely dead and i coasted through the finish resulting in a 16s 1/4 mile. I think the fuse I blew is called the EFI fuse. thanks to Greg (TRDGreg) who kindly answered my phone calls and helped trouble shoot, we discovered it was merely a blown fuse. I was really freakin out for awhile thinking my motor had blown or something.

Greg, thank you so much for your help dude. You were spot on and new exactly what the problem was after i explained what was going on. Saved me having to tow my car an hour back up to Gabe's house (lots of money).

really wish my car hadn't died on me that 3rd pull, my car was pushing so hard I think i would have ran a 14.0 1/4 mile.

overall this has been one helluva weekend! i hope i can get around to posting the video footage of my pulls and the sweet cars at the event.
14.11s 101mph quarter mile. 5 Speed v6 Supercharged @ 5.5psi
SirThomas88
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Went to the drag strip today (and new mods!)

Postby Gregtrd » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:31 pm

^^^ trouble shooting that problem was a walk in the park, right now I'm working on raising the rpm on my camry to 7k, I like doing things that are said that can't be done. should have it dialed in soon.
The Fastest Camry in Socal
366whp / 427wtq @10.5psi
Gregtrd
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Forced Induction