[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Random question, any boosted members here that rarely post?
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Random question, any boosted members here that rarely post?

Re: Random question, any boosted members here that rarely po

Postby bbq bob » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:38 pm

well if u would have looked up my history u would have seen my mods, then u would of known, but a tubo would kick my ass because there built...
330 whp , 331 ft. lbs. torque Camry , Track driven , Race proven , lots of mods.Image
bbq bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ecms171 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:48 pm

i know you are charged, and i can tell at 300whp you are still stock internals or you would push more boost through. HKSBoost wasnt orginally built internals, he kind of proved that you could safely run a turbo on stock internals, he sat at 8 or 9 psi on stock and was making numbers somewhat like yours.

I'm not hating, i idolise anyone who has got to the 300whp mark because its a solid effort and proves the 1mz as a solid engine to start from.

I'm just saying it's ignorant to claim to be something you aint and then get all aggressive when you get told so.

I'm stock so i can't claim crap, but i would love to get boosted within the next six months sorta like what HKSBoost has done. Do you have a build thread i can read?
Bone stock 1MZ Camry
Hoping to be boosted(TURBO)
ecms171
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby bbq bob » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:56 pm

but 450 whp turboed would kick my asss, im talking about my class stock 3.0 sc'ed, im king of the hill, when jetbtkng was here he was king of the hill until he was banned, he was aggesivley trying to achieve 300+ horse power with this platform (non turbo) & he was the 1st to achieve 305whp 303lbft, & i copied his setup & this is a 300+whp set up for standard trans camry-solara, in closing im the highest active sc'ed hp guy here...
330 whp , 331 ft. lbs. torque Camry , Track driven , Race proven , lots of mods.Image
bbq bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby stringbean » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:11 pm

sounds like someone has a crush on HKSboost, lol i knew what you meant BBQ BOB, ...... new commers... ya if all of us had money we all would love to be boosted as well, and with more effort hopefully we can break the 400 and 500 and possibly 600 hp markers on 1MZ platform, depending on the root you go
stringbean
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ecms171 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:16 pm

If that is what your claiming for now; king of stock charged class, you got it, im not an expert, but still i dont doubt that you lead the stock charged class.
No build thread?
Bone stock 1MZ Camry
ecms171
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ecms171 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:28 pm

I wont lie, i nearly wet myself when i found his build thread and watched some of the videos.
Bone stock 1MZ Camry
ecms171
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby bbq bob » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:49 pm

ecms171 wrote:If that is what your claiming for now; king of stock charged class, you got it, im not an expert, but still i dont doubt that you lead the stock charged class.
No build thread?

mods, trd sc, injen cai, jims fuel mod, rc 325 inj, 7psi urd pulley, meth injection 375 nozzle, walbro 355 fuel pump, magnacore plug wires, hks ign amp, urd split second ignition, urd 02 sim, gregs knock sensor relocation kit, nst lightened crank pulley, obx complete exhaust 3in & headers, f1 stage 3 clutch, fadanzza alum flywheel, short shifter with hearst T handle shifter, trd4life's poly motor mounts, jims torque rod, gregtrd'a rear trans mount, trd struts & springs, trd strut brace, gabes bbk f & r (supra ss13in rotors & es300 calipers f & lexus es300 rotors & calipers for the rear,ss brake lines, whiteline poly suspension bushings, whiteline sway bars 24 f & 20 r, ultra front race brace, oil & power stering coolers, 17in centerline lite wieght rims, toyo r888 race tires & falken gt615's for the street, i think i forgot some stuff but its a start, hows that for a build thread & im not done......
bbq bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Gregtrd » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:30 pm

ecms171 wrote:I wont lie, i nearly wet myself when i found his build thread and watched some of the videos.

Is your car auto or 5 speed?
The Fastest Camry in Socal
366whp / 427wtq @10.5psi
Gregtrd
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:52 am

damn bean, this an A and B conversation. I can respect the new guy in that he at least knows what he's talking about instead of running his mouth off.. but we got a lotta respectable members on these boards who have taken our camry platforms to a whole new level. bob definitely being one of em. a simple miscommunication is all that took place. no need to instigate.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby stringbean » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:03 pm

sorry my apologies, didn't mean to be an instigator, and i agree with you, the platform due to these members has gone to new hight's which im also wanting to achieve some time in the future.
stringbean
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ecms171 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:25 am

Its a 5 speed. Also, was not trying to hate, bbq bob, just looking for some clarity.
Bone stock 1MZ Camry
ecms171
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Twin Turbo » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:29 pm

I hardly ever post. I guess im just one of those guys who doesnt have much to say. Im on the sight almost daily though reading all your guys posts. Im twin turb'd with a totally stock engine so there still dialed way down. Only doing maybe 10lbs right now. But that wil change by spring time because next week the mad scientist trd4life is getting his hands on my lara. Things are gonna get western!
Follow @ballsofthunder for non-stop ridiculous action
Twin Turbo
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Sp33d » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:51 pm

bbq bob: how much of a hp/ft. lb of torque did you gain from going from auto to 5 speed? 30? 40?
Sp33d
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:08 am

lol wow this turned crazy

hey hey hey im supercharged too lol but not at the top of the list i guess im close to it. :)
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby sarki » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:08 pm

"Random question, any boosted members here that rarely post?" I think this went a tad "Off Topic". lol.
6psi // 291tq // 268whp // Auto
Who wants to buy it?
sarki
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

PreviousNext

Return to Forced Induction