[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Beginnings of a turbo project- a few questions
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Beginnings of a turbo project- a few questions

Re: Beginnings of a turbo project- a few questions

Postby ecms171 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:59 am

Man i love the details you put in your posts for some overseas random!
Thanks again for the info!
I had initially sized up the 3071, but i had based that on assuming the camry had a lower BSFC, which would throw me off the mark somewhat.
I really want to get all my turbo sizing sorted asap, but i cant do it properly till i complete and tune my N/A build and hav those numbers in hand.
Until then i wont have a decent hp estimate to work off.
I'm off to japan next week, hoping to go to the toyota factory while im there.
I get back at the end of January, and after that, this whole project will cop a lot of financial stimulation. If anyone is interested i have been looking around and 2MZ parts are available, but mostly off whole engines, pricey.
Was hoping to avoid the whole exhaust work issue for my N/A build before i have to cut it up to fit the turbo in but beggars cant be choosers... definaetely 3'' at least you reckon, i will have to keep that in mind. Maybe i will make it myself to save money...
I am so excited about this, im starting to imagaine what it might sound like.
Last few questions.
The stock transmission, how is that going to hold up to all this?
Also, any guesses for the N/A horsepower numbers on a decent 95 or 98 octane tune? I expect the valvework will help give it a healthy lift, and fuel line work allows me to really utilise my new lifts in the camshafts, and since power is TQ*Revs, raising the limiter should help heaps too, even the larger exhaust piping should help the engine low better, resulting in a much higher output, but ultimately i have little experience in this field. 300HP at the flywheel is probably a bit high, but i wouldnt complain...
Bone stock 1MZ Camry
Hoping to be boosted(TURBO)
ecms171
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Previous

Return to Forced Induction