[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - um...what?
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

um...what?

Re: um...what?

Postby lemegacool » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:40 pm

ohhh no i wanted to see another holset powered 1mz... well this is not bad either lol ;) let me know how the fic is runnig as i choosed that too for my fuel ignition management ;)

thumbs up ! look real good!
1994 camry v6 5 speed swapped
custom m90 blower in progress
cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3872430
lemegacool
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 1gSE » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:35 pm

Believe me, I would have looovvveeeddd to put the holset on, but it just wasnt going anywhere. Maybe if I knew how to weld it probably would have been done by now lol
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:21 pm

nice dude and welcome to the boost club :evilbat: theres no turning back now. Im sure you will man handle the Z and the ms3, if the cooper s has work those things are a bit scary when their running high boost and a larger charger those little things scream.

but nice 5.5psi is good thats where im at and debating to go onto 6psi. as of now i need meth to be safer. but the time will come when i say ehhh 9psi here i come lol
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby 1gSE » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:57 pm

It's hanging out at 6psi quite often. Now that I got the meth working, its set to kick in at around 4psi. I can feel it bog down at lower rpm. On a long 2nd and 3rd gear pull, boost actually peaked at 7 psi on meth :o Intake temps were down to low 90*, it even dropped as low as 88*. Short term fuel trims are around -2.3 to +2.3% at idle and cruise. It runs great!
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby mig0s » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:16 pm

How's the MPG with the supercharger? Any significant differences?
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 1gSE » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:19 pm

Not sure yet, I've only put about 60 miles on it since the install, but I'm sure there's gonna be a pretty good drop with my lead foot
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby lemegacool » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:14 am

how can you not have a lead foot with a SC lol i just swapped a 5 speed and i go on it even more than before lol
1994 camry v6 5 speed swapped
custom m90 blower in progress
cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3872430
lemegacool
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 1gSE » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:22 am

Lol I know right. All this WOT really does a number on the meth tank though. Its a half gallon tank and I emptied it in 3 runs. Of course these were pretty long pulls, but still. I might dilute the windshield washer fluid with more water so I don't have to keep buying as much
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Previous

Return to Forced Induction