[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - "Breaking News" Gregtrd dyno #'s
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

"Breaking News" Gregtrd dyno #'s

Re: "Breaking News" Gregtrd dyno #'s

Postby a94autocamry » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:57 pm

a94autocamry wrote:congrats on the #'s, but waiting on the dyno sheet / pictures / videos .... :)

statement still stands.... :o :wink:
slow white = "no show and no go"
a94autocamry
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Gregtrd » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:14 pm

a94autocamry wrote:
a94autocamry wrote:congrats on the #'s, but waiting on the dyno sheet / pictures / videos .... :)

statement still stands.... :o :wink:

^^^read em and weep^^^
bad cell phone pic.
The Fastest Camry in Socal
366whp / 427wtq @10.5psi
Gregtrd
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby JimKing » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:52 pm

Very impressive numbers. A couple questions:

Is the Snow H20/Meth injection setup an on/off unit or a progressive type?
What boost are you seeing in the mid-range (3-4k) vs. near redline?
JimKing
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby hskrsolara » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:32 am

so...rolling chassis dyno or hub dyno? guessing it was a hub dyno.
99 DWP SEV6 5spd 6.5psi+Meth, Tein+Tokico, EricSol+Brembos+EBC, OBX Headers+OBX 3" Exhaust, Supra MAF & 330cc, Spec 2+, Fidanza, TRD lip kit, Injen+Ext, Optima Red, Infinity 60.5+693.7i, 2 Kappa Perfect 12 VQ's+iPod+JVC DVD...etc
hskrsolara
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby 1gSE » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:33 am

:bleep: thats a lot of torque for a long time! :sweet: :rock:
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Just1n_mc » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:36 am

JimKing wrote:Very impressive numbers. A couple questions:

I'm also intersted in this as well as where you have mounted the nozzle for the water injection.

Awesome numbers though, you must be wrapped!!
Just1n_mc
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby a94autocamry » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:08 am

hskrsolara wrote:so...rolling chassis dyno or hub dyno? guessing it was a hub dyno.

Churchs uses a hub dyno --> Dynapack
slow white = "no show and no go"
a94autocamry
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Gregtrd » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:43 am

JimKing wrote:Very impressive numbers. A couple questions:

The controller is a progressive type, Its set to start at 3psi and full spray at 9psi. I'm not sure what I'm boosting at 3-4k maybe 5lbs, next time I'll check. Around 6k I'm around 8.5 to 9psi.
366whp / 427wtq @10.5psi
Gregtrd
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby solaraqueen » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:37 pm

i told u gregtrd they all hate frank aka jetbtkng, but thats to be expected, him being the 1st to over 300whp with a stock 3.0 from when he joined & in less than a yr he did what all the others had failed to do, since this site was started, oh well im glad i met u & him, you 2 & bbq bob are the performance hero's here when it comes to sc'ed performance & showed everyone its possible to make #'s like this & be reliable.....
solaraqueen
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:20 pm

solaraqueen wrote:i told u gregtrd they all hate frank aka jetbtkng, but thats to be expected, him being the 1st to over 300whp with a stock 3.0 from when he joined & in less than a yr he did what all the others had failed to do, since this site was started, oh well im glad i met u & him, you 2 & bbq bob are the performance hero's here when it comes to sc'ed performance & showed everyone its possible to make #'s like this & be reliable.....

lol
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Akfahad » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:51 pm

Gregtrd wrote:
Akfahad wrote:Greg...r u running two meth nozzle's or just one for your 625ml?

For our set ups the best nozzle to use is a 625ml, this will keep your sc cold no matter how hard you run it. 175ml nozzle is equivent to someone spitting in to the sc and thinking that will cool it down

I would have to say it depends on what you're running for a setup; you don't want to over-ingest the engine with meth but i'd say for your setup its perfect for the psi/engine setup... I run the 175ml and 60ml on 7psi on stock internals and its still cool, but since you upgraded your engine to a hybrid, i was curious....good to know though. congrats on the numbers again.
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Gregtrd » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:00 am

Akfahad wrote:
Gregtrd wrote:
Akfahad wrote:Greg...r u running two meth nozzle's or just one for your 625ml?

For our set ups the best nozzle to use is a 625ml, this will keep your sc cold no matter how hard you run it. 175ml nozzle is equivent to someone spitting in to the sc and thinking that will cool it down

I would have to say it depends on what you're running for a setup; you don't want to over-ingest the engine with meth but i'd say for your setup its perfect for the psi/engine setup... I run the 175ml and 60ml on 7psi on stock internals and its still cool, but since you upgraded your engine to a hybrid, i was curious....good to know though. congrats on the numbers again.

Well even at 5.5psi a 625ml keeps the sc cold and its not over kill, the smallest I would run for our blower is 375ml. Sarkey is running 5.5psi with a 550ml (375+175) and spraying at 1psi. Trust me if you use a 625ml with your set up you'll gain more power(dyno proven). Don't use boost juice that's crap, buy your own meth and mix it 50/50. Remember the more meth you use the higher the octane. From my understanding when using water/meth you want to quench the engine then back off a bit and that's where you should be at. with the 175&60ml that you're running try 5 good pulls and i bet you your sc will be hot. what's your mod list?
366whp / 427wtq @10.5psi
Gregtrd
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Akfahad » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:53 am

^^greg...just click on my cardomain tag, just too much stuff to list. Yeah, i tried boost juice once, but not anymore...I just get the coldest windshield washer fluid I can find (usually -20*) and add two bottles of yellow HEET to it for my concoction. But I'll definitely look into your recommendation.
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Gregtrd » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:17 am

^^ hey I've seen your mods list your car is capable of hitting the 300whp mark easily, I wouldn't recommend windshield washer fluid, buy a 5gal can of meth and 5gals of distilled water, also run 2gals of xylene with 4oz of mystery oil (=94.5 oct)and 625ml meth nozzle, trust me you'll be at the 300whp mark
Now it all up to you.
366whp / 427wtq @10.5psi
Gregtrd
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Akfahad » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:05 pm

^^^yeah...did the xylene/mystery oil trick already on my last dyno...where r u picking up this 5gal can of meth? Also found out that I'll need a different program other than the Neo to tune with...so looks like the SS FTC is what's been the most common.
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

PreviousNext

Return to Forced Induction