[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - How much Nitro HP with stock fuel system???
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

How much Nitro HP with stock fuel system???

How much Nitro HP with stock fuel system???

Postby RAPIDITO » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:10 am

Hi, I'm thinking on installed a nitrous system to my 04 Solara V6, but I want to know is the stock fuel system can supply enough to a 75-100hp shot. The car only have an short cold air intake, 2.5" cat-back with free flow Dynamax muffler.
RAPIDITO
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: How much Nitro HP with stock fuel system???

Postby GzNutz » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:51 am

Stock is fine for 75 as I haven't gone higher.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby RAPIDITO » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:36 am

Do you have pics of your setup? Where is the best place to connect the fuel supply?
Any other mod needed? Spark plugs? Gap?
RAPIDITO
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby GzNutz » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:41 pm

I had the fuel rail tapped.

No other mod was needed. But I highly stress the importance of a window activated switch. Another gen2'er recently went about this without a window switch after being informed multiple times of its added safety. A few days after his install and his bragging of dyno numbers and not posting sheets, he mysteriously disappeared (http://solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=50074&p=589761#p589761). I can only imagine the tranny or engine grenaded.

If you do some digging on here you should be able to find Mike T's arctic frost nitrous thread. Lots of helpful info in there. I will try to find it a little later to night and post the link if you can't find it.
Last edited by GzNutz on Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby GzNutz » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:30 pm

GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby RAPIDITO » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:12 pm

Thanks GzNutz for the info. Which spark plugs do you recomend me and which gap? Are colder spark plugs are needed for a 75 hp shot?
RAPIDITO
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby GzNutz » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:28 pm

I just stuck with the stock plugs, they aren't adjustable and worked just fine. Gabe sugguested I use NGK part # bkr7e-11, they are colder.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby RAPIDITO » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:34 pm

GzNutz wrote:I just stuck with the stock plugs, they aren't adjustable and worked just fine. Gabe sugguested I use NGK part # bkr7e-11, they are colder.

Ok thanks. Hope that this tranny hold the shot!
RAPIDITO
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Forced Induction