[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Final step, please help (meth injection)
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Final step, please help (meth injection)

Final step, please help (meth injection)

Postby 20SoLaRa02 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:33 pm

Hey everyone,

I remember researching the meth injection a while back when everyone was getting it during the group buy, but it has been a while and i don't want to spend hours and hours reading again.

My current setup is s/c w/ 5.5 lb pulley, jpp headers, apexi WS exhaust, jim's fuel mod, n/a supra injectors, walbro fuel pump, SAFC II, and Innovate LM-2 wideband. I am pretty sure everyone will recommend me to get a meth kit since i am just running 91 octane as of right now. With that being said:

What meth kit is everyone running or recommending nowadays? Where would be a good place to purchase it from? Does anyone have a tutorial or pictures of the placement of their systems. I like to get an idea of how i'm going to do my setup.

Has anybody run a similar setup to mine and been able to tune ok with the SAFC II? I know i am currently pulling a lot of fuel on the top end and i'm worried that with the meth kit i might need to pull more fuel and that the SAFC II won't be able to handle that properly. I have read that the SAFC shouldn't be used to pull a lot of fuel (i believe i read something about more than 30%).

Also, just to confirm what i remember reading. Have most of the So Cal guys been getting tuned at Churches?

Any help is appreciated. This will be my final step on the car. I can't wait to be finally done, its been a very slow and long process!

Thanks ahead of time!!
20SoLaRa02
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Final step, please help (meth injection)

Postby 1gSE » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:21 pm

I'm using DevilsOwn stage 1 low boost kit. Usually run -20* windshield washer fluid, or sometimes just straight water. You should pull fuel with running meth, but honestly, I didn't see any difference in afr between meth and no meth. I'm currently taking out about 6 to 11% fuel (AEM FIC) from roughly 4k and up. There's pictures of my set up in the F/I section
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Gregtrd » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:57 pm

If you want good dyno results don't use any windsheild fluid, buy a 5gal meth can and make your own.
The Fastest Camry in Socal
366whp / 427wtq @10.5psi
Gregtrd
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby sarki » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:38 pm

That group buy was through Snow Performance. Just get the Meth kit and have your nozzle drilled in the intake before your throttle body with a 675 nozzle. Dont use washer fluid. Just like Greg said. Get straight meth and mix it 50/50 with distilled water. BTW is your car a black lowered solara with stock wheels?
6psi // 291tq // 268whp // Auto
Who wants to buy it?
sarki
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Eye8Pussies » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:17 pm

running an aem kit. but with a snow performance controller.

my aem controller died on my the same night that I installed the damn kit.

and running windshield washer fluid here as well. Works great, gives me predictable afrs to tune, helps me with my leanness issue that the automatic ecu gives me, and talk to tony the tiger- he runs the same washer fluid that I do on his cars too ;)
HaHa

Ripped...and the girls are loving it. ;)
Eye8Pussies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Akfahad » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:58 pm

snow performance for me...you can check my sig for my cardomain page to see a slight tutorial of where I mounted my stuff to include links to pages of where I bought the stuff. I've used both windshield washer fluid (mixed with 2 bottles of Heet - yellow bottle, for more meth) and snow performances' boost juice (but bought through another website) and didn't really notice/see much of a difference.
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby 20SoLaRa02 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:45 pm

sarki wrote:BTW is your car a black lowered solara with stock wheels?

My car is blue lowered on stock wheels.

sarki wrote:Just get the Meth kit and have your nozzle drilled in the intake before your throttle body with a 675 nozzle.

Does it matter that i still have a stock intake? I saw on the snowperformance website that they have a nozzle mounting adapter: http://www.snowperformance.net/product.php?pk=53

Would this be something i would need to mount the nozzle into my stock intake?

As far as the meth kit goes, I was looking at the Stage 2 MAF Boost Cooler. Would this be the right way to go? Is there anything else you guys might recommend (i.e. low level indicator, 2.5 gallon reservior, safe injection, etc.). I'd like to have my car setup on the safe side of things (i'm sure we all do) to be a daily driver if need be, and maybe have some fun on the track (nothing crazy).

Please let me know what you guys think. Thanks again for all the input so far, its very helpful.
20SoLaRa02
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 20SoLaRa02 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:47 pm

Akfahad wrote:you can check my sig for my cardomain page to see a slight tutorial of where I mounted my stuff to include links to pages of where I bought the stuff

Your cardomain page doesn't seem to be working for me :(.
20SoLaRa02
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby hskrsolara » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:29 pm

PM sent
99 DWP SEV6 5spd 6.5psi+Meth, Tein+Tokico, EricSol+Brembos+EBC, OBX Headers+OBX 3" Exhaust, Supra MAF & 330cc, Spec 2+, Fidanza, TRD lip kit, Injen+Ext, Optima Red, Infinity 60.5+693.7i, 2 Kappa Perfect 12 VQ's+iPod+JVC DVD...etc
hskrsolara
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Akfahad » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:08 pm

fixed
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby SirThomas88 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:40 pm

Damn sarki, you use a 675 nozzle? I use a 225ml nozzle on my kit
14.11s 101mph quarter mile. 5 Speed v6 Supercharged @ 5.5psi
SirThomas88
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 20SoLaRa02 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:32 pm

snow performance seems to have two stage 2 kits. One controls the system through boost and the other through the 0 - 5V MAF sensor output. Which would be the best one to get? From what i understand i think i should be getting the MAF controlled stage 2 kit. Someone please help me as i would like to order this stuff asap so i can get my car up and running again.

Thank you,
Michael
20SoLaRa02
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby hskrsolara » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:49 pm

The MAF is the way to go. That's what most of the guys got and it is what mine is.
99 DWP SEV6 5spd 6.5psi+Meth, Tein+Tokico, EricSol+Brembos+EBC, OBX Headers+OBX 3" Exhaust, Supra MAF & 330cc, Spec 2+, Fidanza, TRD lip kit, Injen+Ext, Optima Red, Infinity 60.5+693.7i, 2 Kappa Perfect 12 VQ's+iPod+JVC DVD...etc
hskrsolara
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby 1gSE » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:24 pm

I think you have more control using the MAF and can progressively spray more (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Mine is boost activated, set to come on at about 4psi.
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby sarki » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:17 pm

SirThomas88 wrote:Damn sarki, you use a 675 nozzle? I use a 225ml nozzle on my kit

YUP! I had a dual nozzle setup before. I had a 375 right after the throttle body and a 175 at the rotors of the sc. Now i just have one giant nozzle and i still dont bog and im still not quenching the SC! I can say the car feels better with the new nozzle but i still have to get it dynoed to see what im putting down.
6psi // 291tq // 268whp // Auto
Who wants to buy it?
sarki
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Next

Return to Forced Induction