[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 7 psi belt length...+methanol
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

7 psi belt length...+methanol

7 psi belt length...+methanol

Postby hskrsolara » Wed May 11, 2011 10:58 am

Hey guys,
So, I finally talked myself out of parting out the solara...and instead am installing a 6.5 lb pulley and my methanol kit. Just curious what belt you guys are running for belts on 7 psi? I figured that would be close enough to 6.5 psi to keep it nice and snug on the SC. I am getting some slippage now, on my 5.5 pulley so I want to eliminate that for the future. I have the automatic tensioner...should I replace that too? It seems really easy to pull the belt up, like the tensioner isnt maintaining strong deflection.

Also, what is the consensus on the nozzle size and location for the Methanol folks? There seems to be quite a range of info on that side...hoping this will finally get me to the 300 whp mark. Thanks!
99 DWP SEV6 5spd 6.5psi+Meth, Tein+Tokico, EricSol+Brembos+EBC, OBX Headers+OBX 3" Exhaust, Supra MAF & 330cc, Spec 2+, Fidanza, TRD lip kit, Injen+Ext, Optima Red, Infinity 60.5+693.7i, 2 Kappa Perfect 12 VQ's+iPod+JVC DVD...etc
hskrsolara
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Re: 7 psi belt length...+methanol

Postby crispone » Wed May 11, 2011 12:07 pm

hskrsolara wrote:Hey guys,
So, I finally talked myself out of parting out the solara...and instead am installing a 6.5 lb pulley and my methanol kit. Just curious what belt you guys are running for belts on 7 psi? I figured that would be close enough to 6.5 psi to keep it nice and snug on the SC. I am getting some slippage now, on my 5.5 pulley so I want to eliminate that for the future. I have the automatic tensioner...should I replace that too? It seems really easy to pull the belt up, like the tensioner isnt maintaining strong deflection.

Also, what is the consensus on the nozzle size and location for the Methanol folks? There seems to be quite a range of info on that side...hoping this will finally get me to the 300 whp mark. Thanks!

HA HA! How come every time someone decides NOT to part-out/sell their vehicle, it means dropping a CHUNK OF CHANGE into it again???!!! :o

G/L with the adds! :wink:

-crisp :evilbat:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby Akfahad » Wed May 11, 2011 12:22 pm

I forget the part number for the belt I'm using, but you should be able to find it searching. I know I picked mine up from Advanced auto parts.

In terms of meth nozzle's, again, everyone will have a different opinion on what sizes are best; but in terms of placement, its best to tap into the throttle body spacer coupled with a one-way check valve (or similar) or simply tap into your intake ~2" or so from the TB. Or you can do both.
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Wed May 11, 2011 1:33 pm

For the nozzle a lot of us here in socal tend to run a 625 nozzle, this causes the meth to spray a good amount a lot of people go with way smaller size nozzles like the 325's or smaller, those bearly tend to spit meth into the motor. Best for spray is the 625 imo.
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby Gregtrd » Wed May 11, 2011 4:09 pm

^^i agree with gay asss fergi, 625 is the way to go if you're looking for good dyno results, I've got nothing but good result with everyone's supercharged camry/solara I've worked on, I speak from experience when it come to w/m. when you hit the dyno you'll see that s/c is cold. The blower only get heat soak at idle.Don't cheap out and run windshield washer fluid, run good shiiittt.
The Fastest Camry in Socal
366whp / 427wtq @10.5psi
Gregtrd
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby hskrsolara » Wed May 11, 2011 4:12 pm

yeah, i have a race track locally that sells 99% methanol, around $3 a gallon! I am thinking of placing the nozzle in the rubber intake coupler, just in front of the throttle body...will that be sufficient? I'd rather not tap the SC or the intake if I dont have to.

Greg, what belt are you running?
99 DWP SEV6 5spd 6.5psi+Meth, Tein+Tokico, EricSol+Brembos+EBC, OBX Headers+OBX 3" Exhaust, Supra MAF & 330cc, Spec 2+, Fidanza, TRD lip kit, Injen+Ext, Optima Red, Infinity 60.5+693.7i, 2 Kappa Perfect 12 VQ's+iPod+JVC DVD...etc
hskrsolara
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Wed May 11, 2011 4:13 pm

Gregtrd wrote:^^i agree with gay asss fergi, 625 is the way to go if you're looking for good dyno results, I've got nothing but good result with everyone's supercharged camry/solara I've worked on, I speak from experience when it come to w/m. when you hit the dyno you'll see that s/c is cold. The blower only get heat soak at idle.Don't cheap out and run windshield washer fluid, run good shiiittt.

shut up b!tch you run Frank piss on yours.
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6

Postby Gregtrd » Wed May 11, 2011 4:18 pm

I'm running 9psi, when I got my belt I just bought a it 2 sizes smaller. Make sure the belt as tight as possible.
366whp / 427wtq @10.5psi
Gregtrd
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

tRe: 7 psi belt length...+methanol

Postby Gregtrd » Wed May 11, 2011 4:20 pm

Fergi, what?
366whp / 427wtq @10.5psi
Gregtrd
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Wed May 11, 2011 4:22 pm

^you heard me, instead of Meth you run Franks piss. He says hes your daddy and his el camino will murder you any day of the week. :lol:
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6

Postby Gregtrd » Wed May 11, 2011 4:28 pm

Talk talk talk.... We'll see when we go to the track, fergi you already got delt with at the track( by the way it was almost by half track)
366whp / 427wtq @10.5psi
Gregtrd
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby hskrsolara » Wed May 11, 2011 7:10 pm

take the girl talk elsewhere...let's get back on topic.
hskrsolara
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Thu May 12, 2011 9:41 am

Gregtrd wrote:I'm running 9psi, when I got my belt I just bought a it 2 sizes smaller. Make sure the belt as tight as possible.
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6

Postby hskrsolara » Thu May 12, 2011 3:41 pm

ToyoSolV6 wrote:
Gregtrd wrote:I'm running 9psi, when I got my belt I just bought a it 2 sizes smaller. Make sure the belt as tight as possible.

really, the belt should be tight? :drinking:

was hoping someone would recommend a specific belt and/or size...just trying to cut down the trial and error as much as possible.
hskrsolara
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby hskrsolara » Thu May 12, 2011 3:44 pm

ToyoSolV6 wrote:^you heard me, instead of Meth you run Franks piss. He says hes your daddy and his el camino will murder you any day of the week. :lol:

if Greg is cranking out 320+ whp, then I may need some of that "Frank piss" too. :drinking:
hskrsolara
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Next

Return to Forced Induction