[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Questions about knock sensors
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Questions about knock sensors

Questions about knock sensors

Postby dorifuto.boi » Sat May 14, 2011 3:25 pm

Knock sensor CEL does not come on because the engine is knocking. It only comes on because the ECU is not receiving a signal from the knock sensors. Is that correct ?

My bank 2 knock sensor CEL comes on and off. That means my knock sensor is dying correct (or the wiring is bad) ? (CEL stayed on throughout the winter when it was really cold. CEL went away after the weather warmed up. However the weather became extremely cold again this one week and the CEL came back. The weather warmed up again and the CEL went away. CEL came on again after I hopped onto the highway to make my 15 hour drive home from school. CEL has stayed on ever since even though it is not freezing cold anymore).

Does excessive knock cause knock sensors to blow ?

What else can cause the knock sensor to blow when its in the engine ?

Thanks a lot,
d
dorifuto.boi
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Forced Induction