[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - headers drop boost pressure?
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

headers drop boost pressure?

headers drop boost pressure?

Postby hskrsolara » Sat May 14, 2011 3:50 pm

So, I've confirmed a drop in boost with my OBX headers. I lost about 1 lb on my 5.5 psi pulley (currently maxing out at 4.5 psi and spiking to 5 psi on my gauge) after I ditched the oem headers/dats y pipe/evo2 for the new OBX headers/OBX y pipe/OBX 3 in exhaust.

I've acquired that this is normal, for opening up the exhaust to drop boost slightly? I haven't made any other changes, just the exhaust system, and instantly lost .5-1 lb of boost. Planning on installing the 6.5 psi pulley to get back to 5.5-6 lb of effective boost and spike to 6.5 lb. Is this the right approach? Anyone else seeing the same thing?
99 DWP SEV6 5spd 6.5psi+Meth, Tein+Tokico, EricSol+Brembos+EBC, OBX Headers+OBX 3" Exhaust, Supra MAF & 330cc, Spec 2+, Fidanza, TRD lip kit, Injen+Ext, Optima Red, Infinity 60.5+693.7i, 2 Kappa Perfect 12 VQ's+iPod+JVC DVD...etc
hskrsolara
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Re: headers drop boost pressure?

Postby corlon » Sat May 14, 2011 6:28 pm

i'm not boosted, but i know this is a common issue. makes sense. a buddy had the same issue with his supercharger mustang.
NiCe
corlon
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: headers drop boost pressure?

Postby 1gSE » Sat May 14, 2011 7:35 pm

It'll happen. PSI is just resistance.You're still moving the same amount of air, you're just doing it more efficiently now that it breathes better
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Forced Induction