[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Water Injection Advice...
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Water Injection Advice...

Re: Water Injection Advice...

Postby 1gSE » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:21 pm

Just1n_mc wrote:So how does your ECU know to switch maps?

the FIC doesn't have the ability to switch maps. I think a few stand alones do though. I've read on some forums that guys had 2 different maps, one for meth injection, one without so if they didn't run out during a full throttle run, once knock was detected, it immediately switched to a less aggressive map.

Greg, I'm sure if its tuned to run on it, you'd be able to tell, thats gotta be a pretty substantial power loss. In my case, I can't feel a difference, probably because I'm using a pretty watered down mixture, but like I said, I'm using it for knock protection and cooling only. Its pretty much impossible to find meth here
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Gregtrd » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:32 pm

1gSE wrote:
Just1n_mc wrote:So how does your ECU know to switch maps?

the FIC doesn't have the ability to switch maps. I think a few stand alones do though. I've read on some forums that guys had 2 different maps, one for meth injection, one without so if they didn't run out during a full throttle run, once knock was detected, it immediatly switched to a less aggressive map.

Greg, I'm sure if its tuned to run on it, you'd be able to tell, thats gotta be a pretty substantial power loss. In my case, I can't feel a difference, probably because I'm using a pretty watered down mixture, but like I said, I'm using it for knock protection and cooling only. Its pretty much impossible to find meth here

you can't feel it because your not running 50/50 w/m or you're using windshield fluid, no one listens to me. i tuned with
the water/meth. when i drive me car I'm always aware of how my car is running.
The Fastest Camry in Socal
366whp / 427wtq @10.5psi
Gregtrd
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby 1gSE » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:58 pm

1gSE wrote: probably because I'm using a pretty watered down mixture....................Its pretty much impossible to find meth here
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Gregtrd » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:06 pm

1gSE wrote:
1gSE wrote: probably because I'm using a pretty watered down mixture....................Its pretty much impossible to find meth here

i wonder if methanol is shippable? is so i could ship it to you. $27.?? for 5gal can, which will make 10gal mixed.
366whp / 427wtq @10.5psi
Gregtrd
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby 1gSE » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:07 pm

Can't ship HAZMAT to an FPO address overseas. I even printed out toulene, xylene, methanol and denatured alcohol in Greek and went to some home improvement places (nothing like whats in the states) and they looked at me like I was crazy. I guess I could try rubbing alcohol, but that doesn't seem very cost effective, or convenient
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Gregtrd » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:19 pm

That sucks,so methanol is not shippable?
366whp / 427wtq @10.5psi
Gregtrd
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby 1gSE » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:30 pm

It is stateside, but by ground only
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Just1n_mc » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:36 am

Gregtrd wrote:
Just1n_mc wrote:So my brother and I are looking to fit water injection on my TRD charged 1MZ running an 8psi pulley. The car is currently producing 274hp at the wheel running a Megasquirt ECU and we plan on upgrading cams shortly and raising the rev limit to 7,000rpm.

My questions are what size nozzle or nozzles should I be running and where is the best place in the intake to mount them?

Having read countless different opinions on what to do and what setups should work I thought it would be better to ask people who are actually water injection on these setups.

Any advice/information would be greatly appreciated.

btw its water/METH, if you go with just water it wont be as effective and it will quench with less fuild.

I plan on running a 50/50 mix. Just need to work out what the best kit is and what size nozzles to use where.
Just1n_mc
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby 1gSE » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:51 am

http://www.alcohol-injection.com/forum/ ... r-351.html

Most are pretty much gonna be the same, I believe the main thing is how its activated and some may have some sort of safety feature built in. My kit (DevilsOwn) is activated by boost pressue (5psi). I had to use a golden eagle vacuum manifold so I'd have multiple boost/vac sources. Meth controllers give you control over how much is injected based on....I believe MAF output, so you can progressively add more with more airflow, whereas in my case, it all hits at one time
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Previous

Return to Forced Induction