[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Crashcourse on meth injection?
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Crashcourse on meth injection?

Crashcourse on meth injection?

Postby TRD_Sloara » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:56 pm

So I think the time has come to get into modding my slowara. I have the Jim's fuel mod on the way, and my next step would be to get methanol injection and an S-AFC2. However, I know nothing about methanol injection. Is there anybody that makes a kit for our SC 1MZ setup? Also, where would this methanol/water reservoir be mounted? About how long would it last until it is depleted (in 1/4 mile passes)? How much would the system cost, period?
TRD_Sloara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Crashcourse on meth injection?

Postby 1gSE » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:05 pm

there's nothing specifically made for the solara, its pretty much universal for most cars. The tank can go where ever it fits depending on its size. I run a 2 quart tank mounting behind the grill. I know one person has used the windshield washer tank, some have trunk mounted tanks and one person has placed a tank where the battery usually sits. How long it last depends on how much you have you foot in it, where its set to activate and tank size. Kits usually start around 300 bux for a basic set up, but IIRC, most dont include a tank at that price. Prices can easily double that depending on whats included. I remember seeing a webpage where a guy put together his own kit for about $150

A few brands to consider, Aquamist, Snow Performance, AEM, DevilsOwn (thats what I have) and I'm sure there are others
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby up2thedown » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:27 am

1st off depends on boost how big a nozzle, a 375 is good up to 7psi pully, snow, aem, red devil all make good meth kits, i run a red devil 6gal tank in my trunk, it lasts a good while, i would recomend a split second instead of the safc, the split second allows u to retard or advance timing, ..
up2thedown
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby TRD_Sloara » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:26 pm

Details on the split second? Im not familiar with it, how would it compare to an safc2? I can't find an ftc for the 1mz either.
TRD_Sloara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Gregtrd » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:27 pm

TRD_Sloara wrote:Details on the split second? Im not familiar with it, how would it compare to an safc2? I can't find an ftc for the 1mz either.

There is no comparison, FTC-1 is way better for tuning. Go to urd's web site. SS Ftc-1 is intented for boosted cars thus the boost port, safc limited with tuning.
The Fastest Camry in Socal
366whp / 427wtq @10.5psi
Gregtrd
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby 1gSE » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:27 pm

I've been doing a little bit more research and I came across this. Its pretty useful, perhaps this thread can be a sticky since water/meth is the most logical and cost effective way for us to bring down the temperatures while increasing octane and knock protection

http://www.superchargerperformance.com/ ... erformance
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Forced Induction