[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - what are some little things i can do to my gen 1
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

what are some little things i can do to my gen 1

what are some little things i can do to my gen 1

Postby fastcherry » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:32 am

i want to make her faster, without busting 900+ on a super charger....so whats some little things i can buy and install??

if nothing you say will help me, then dont type it thanks
fastcherry
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: what are some little things i can do to my gen 1

Postby 1gSE » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:42 am

You know, I wasn't going to waste my time on this thread, but this is getting ridiculous. Have you even bothered searching? Are you familiar with how a combustion engine operates? Help YOURSELF and do some research. If you would have said something "I'm think about buying X intake or Y intake, does anyone have dyno proof for which one is better or anyone have experience with both, which one do you like better," we'd be much more willing to help. You obviously understand whats going on around here with your last sentence, but when you say things like that without first educating yourself, no ones going to help you. At least ACT like you're interested in this platform instead of being lazy and wanting us to do the work for you. There's a topic stickied in the aftermarket section (go figure) dedicated to the parts available. There's HUNDREDS of threads in the aftermarket section. You realize speed = money. You gotta pay to play. If 900 for a blower (good luck finding one at that price) is too much money, then you picked the wrong car to be modifying. You can spend that much on bolt-ons and not be happy with the end result

viewforum.php?f=2
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:50 am

i'm starting to feel like that chriscarter dude.

one more post like this and I'm gonna kamikaze up in this bitch
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby fastcherry » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:15 pm

yall have fun with that, i already have a cold air intake douche. you wasted all your time typing that long ass paragraph and bitchining and ranting about whatever. i have a cold air intake SINCE this is a solara forumn i figured there was some little things guy do since some of yall may no some little things or products that arnt well known but helped your car. it was extremly pointless to put yalls comments. kamikaze?? what was the point of typing that. if done a shitload of research but i figured there were little things some ppl have figured out thru expirience thereselfs.
fastcherry
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby GzNutz » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:45 pm

:popcorn:
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby ACProductions » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:47 pm

You kinda have to understand where they are coming from dude.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37723

Listed here are the aftermarket parts available to the 1st gen solara. You could put faith in the idea that a forum wouldn't sticky or list a part that is bad for the car.

Also, perhaps if you had worded your original post better, this problem could have been avoided. If you wanted a proper response it might do better next time to give some detail as to what you are looking for instead of posting a vague message
FREE CHILTON MANUAL

The speed at which a woman says "nothing" when you ask her what's wrong is inversely proportional to the size of the coming storm.

ACProductions
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 1gSE » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:51 pm

Name calling, that's real mature. If you had done some research, you'd know what was available and wouldn't need to post a topic that's been covered MANY times.
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby fastcherry » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:01 pm

ok, im looking to get better mileage right now, i have a intercooler, but my car has 219,000 miles on it and im getting about 17 mpg and 20 highway mpg, and 1gse, just drop it dude. im kind of a noob when it comes to my solara, i didnt wanna go on the internet and get some bs review or some bs information, when i can just get help from the actual owners that know wtf their talking about...make sense?
fastcherry
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ACProductions » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:19 pm

You have an intercooler?

2 things.
1. You Don't have an intercooler
2. You might be describing something different which you are referring to as an intercooler

But yeah, the sticky for the parts listing will pretty much list every part available. From there you could search the threads here on this forum to read people's reviews.

If you are getting mileage like that you may want to consider some, more basic, fixes. Example? Tune up. Check your plugs, pcv, filters, etc etc.

No offense intended but you seem like you are new to cars in general (New meaning this is your first experience modifying an import)
FREE CHILTON MANUAL

The speed at which a woman says "nothing" when you ask her what's wrong is inversely proportional to the size of the coming storm.

ACProductions
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby hskrsolara » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:01 pm

intercooler pics!!!
99 DWP SEV6 5spd 6.5psi+Meth, Tein+Tokico, EricSol+Brembos+EBC, OBX Headers+OBX 3" Exhaust, Supra MAF & 330cc, Spec 2+, Fidanza, TRD lip kit, Injen+Ext, Optima Red, Infinity 60.5+693.7i, 2 Kappa Perfect 12 VQ's+iPod+JVC DVD...etc
hskrsolara
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby fastcherry » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:09 pm

hahaha i meant cold air intake -__-
fastcherry
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Akfahad » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:59 pm

the internet and forums are a wealth of information. READ first as your question has probably been answered numerous times from people who came before you.
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby SpeedySolara » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:02 am

Alright fastcherry, allow me to pop your cherry real fast.

Some basic rules
1. You gotta pay to play! (what 1gse said)
2. More power = Less MPG (choose one)
3. Use the search forum & if you genuinely can't find an answer without going 100 years back, then ask & we'll help but attempt it.

Here's my advice:
Give your car a tune up & drive it the way it is. MPG may improve but I wouldn't start modifying a motor with 219k. If you're concerned about gas & don't have money for a blower, FORGET ABOUT MORE POWER. Power doesn't come cheap or with "little" mods. You could on the other hand amuse us & buy the ebay electric supercharger...let us know how that goes.
[size=150][b]Get your Big Brake Kit today:[/b][/size]
http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=48573
SpeedySolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Jabraltar » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:09 pm

if nothing you say will help me, then dont type it thanks

As soon as I read that, I knew exactly what every single reply was going to be like. :lol: These guys on here are f'ing great for noobs like us as long as you aren't disrespectful or lazy.
Gen 1:Custom stainless catback exhaust,Injen SRI..NGK Iridium plugs,2 10'' Kicker subs in Kicker box,Alpine door speakers, Kicker rear deck speakers,Pioneer amp,18'', Pioneer H/U, Icon rims with Falken tires,HID's,LED everything
Jabraltar
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Forced Induction